Monday, February 13, 2023

The weekend with my mole excision and watching some dragon boating and enjoying the atmosphere

 Hi,

It has been quite the eventful weekend. Started with a sick day for me on Thursday as I had to get a mole excised.  8.30am. But they were late starting because something had broken on their steriliser.

But I was out of there by 9am. So all good. They will do a biopsy on the bit they took out. 3 stitches. Pah!  After my foot incident, that was barely worth getting out of bed for. Two deep dissolvable ones and one on top. Getting them all out on my birthday!

Thursday morning ready for the excision

Numbed now!

And done!

Mike jumped in the car and collected me from Kelburn. He overshot as I tried to wave him down. A wee truck going by in the opposite direction saw all this and tried to toot at him. Once he did collect me, I mentioned the tooting and he had heard it! Hahaha.

Birthday milk

Rest was the order of the day. And a lovely young woman from work visited us at lunch time. Gokila Ubered here and back and brought me some home cooked vegetable kadai. Delicious. She made me feel very special and looked after. Thank you. What a beautiful thing to do.

Delicious lunch from Gokila

Selfie time

V afternoon pick-me-up

Hokey pokey biscuits

I made biscuits during the afternoon. And also re-did the jigsaw puzzle when Smudge decided to do a pirouette on it and scattered probably half my work to the four corners of the room. Sigh. I was upset and looking back it was probably due to needing lots of stitches in the past week.  I do have 10 all up now, after all.

Anyway - Mike also changed my dressing on my foot. And it did look pretty good. And after that I got the jigsaw back to pretty much where I was before Smudge danced across it. So I went to bed much happier.

Changed the dressing

Moxley chills on me

So cute

Red light to allow me to look for the comet

Friday saw me chill out a lot. And Moxley was happy - using me to lounge around on. I also tried to spot the comet Friday night - but might have been a day early for optimal viewing.  However I did the same thing Saturday night - and got Mike out of bed as I think we saw it. Just off to the top right of Mars. A saw a smudge and if I squinted, I could believe it had a greenish tinge. Well, it wasn't a white star - that is for sure. Mike is calling it! Hahahah.

Joe's Garage for brekkie

We parked the car not far from Joe's Garage and enjoyed brekkie there. It was my local stomping ground for a long time when I was at a client site for 12 months or more. And remembered how it was an informal meeting place for us.

When we walked back to the car (and harbour), we bumped into Mark from that workplace. So we chatted with him and his partner. And now I will catch up with him this week for a coffee.

Walked (slowly) to Fank Kitts park to watch the dragon boat fun day while Mike went to PBTech. I met James, Eva and Charlie - with wee Bob. I enjoyed a few races - 2 from my workplace. I did a lot of shouting. And I had FOMO!

Finish line!

Best harbour fun day!

Waving at my workmates

Back home to get ready for a BBQ tea at our place with Sally and Andrew joining us. I was exchanging pings with my mother and she mentioned bacon and egg pie. So I made one - but switched out haloumi for the bacon. Turns out it was delicious!

Bacon and egg pie - but with haloumi!

Rodent #17

Sunday saw us catch rodent #17 - a mouse. In the trap not far from the front door. I also staked the chilli plants that were heavy with their fruit. Hopefully that works for the gale winds we're getting later today.

Gorgeous evening

Tied the washing up

Kiwi crisps

Auckland and Northland and Coromandel are getting hammered again - this time by Cyclone Gabrielle. The Sampson clan seem to be ready for it. Hope you are all okay up that way. Thinking of you. We're supposed to get 120km/h wind tomorrow. I reckon that is windy - even for her - but not the worst we've seen. Except it is an easterly. Totally not the prevailing wind. So some trees may not withstand this.

Hope everyone is ok.

Take care. It's birthday week for me! Woot!

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment