Thursday, July 6, 2023

The Wednesday with trailer drop offs

 Hi,


Had a good lunch with some work mates yesterday at One Red Dog. Dave (chap at work) and I are buddies for two newbies: Nicole and Paul. So off to lunch we went to chat to them.

Turns out Nicole is super keen on politics (I tried to fill the awkward silence you get with 4 people that do not know each other - I asked about films they liked - and then if they were all voting in the general election later this year) and she even ran for parliament twice in her home town of Adelaide. Wow!

Work iced latte

She also told me about a friend that just secured a role in the PM's office as a senior advisor. That is relevant later when I chat to Andrew.

Rode home after work. Waited for Andrew to bus home. And then we chatted before heading out to Lower Hutt with the trailer to leave at Epuni. Mike unexpectedly came home - his meeting was actually Thursday evening and not Wednesday at all. But he still declined the trip out to deposit the trailer.

So Andrew and I left home at 6,.30pm and he chatted to me about some person he knew of that just secured a role at the PM office. So I was like: is this their name?  Yes, he said.

Turns out Andrew was talking about the same person as Nicole. Wellington is so small. We now all think this person is probably trained by Quentin. Or soon will be! Hahahah.

Dropped the trailer at Epuni. Dropped Andrew at his place. Headed home. Ate some salad. And off to bed.

Dinner

Up to hear Quentin is sick and our plans had changed. No PT session for us. So I ended up bussing in and will go to the gym at lunch time with Juliet and sneak in a Spin class after work. Mike is WFH but will drive in for his meeting with someone late in the afternoon. And I will drive home, via the gym.

Yeah - complicated Gilbert logistics.

Have a superb day!

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment