Monday, July 10, 2023

The weekend in Wellington with more trailer action

 Hi,

I rode my bike into town on Friday to park and go get my haircut. I checked out secure bike lock up options through town and there are some. I might have to investigate as my eBike is a great way to head into town. If it was safer to park your bike in places, I would use that more often.

At Buoy before my haircut

At Machete after my haircut

Caught up with Andrew at Machete after my haircut. Almost like old times (you know, pre covid!) and good to see the cafe still in pretty good heart.

Back home to chill. Did have a meeting at 1.30pm though on my home Surface. Fun and games with the webcam for Google Meet. Hahah.

Smudge drapes herself over me

Head protection from Moxley

Friday saw Mike and I watch the last episode of Deadloch. Oohh - that was a fun series. Dark and funny.

Up Saturday for me to head to the gym - Mike was wrapped up against some cold he had caught and added Netflix again so he could binge watch some stuff and stay warm.

I did a gym session with Sally after a wee run on the treadmill. After that awesome fun (bench and then accessories - Sally has lats of steel!) we tried 3 different cafes before waiting an eternity at Federation Fix bakery and taking the goodies home.

Gym day with Sally

Evidence of a wee leak on the new taps

Next day saw Mike and I head to Epuni to put the last of the batts in the roof space. That wee unit is now snuggly and warm. Good work, Mike. We checked the taps out and there was a dribble of water. But after peering at it for 2 mins I could not see anything dripping. So it might have fixed itself. We wiped it up and will check it later this week.

Went with the trailer to 40 WLW and collected Andrew and went to Seaview to get some pallets. They had heaps available and we could pick and choose. Got 8 good ones for Andrew to make new compost bins at home.

Driving the trailer to get pallets

All batted

Interesting snack

Got wet doing all that. And ended up drying out while watching TV at Sally and Andrew's place. So much so that we were still there to have tea with Helen and Anthony. Good to see them - it has been ages since I saw either of them.

Sally had these honey roasted crickets that most of us tried. Tasted fine - bit like how I imagine tasting wood shavings would taste. Hahahah.

Mike had gone out with Sally to get me some fake chicken for tea - and everyone had roast chicken while I had some fake chicken mince-like stuff which Mike had doctored to taste quite good.

Drove Helen home from tea as she does not enjoy the glare at night and found it tricky to get to the dinner. Lovely to chat to her on the way. Mike and Anthony followed in our car and I drove Anthony home and then back to our place to fall into bed.

Mike was up early for gym but his nose starting running like a tap - way worse than the Epuni taps. And he got off the bus in town and jumped on one coming back.

We're both WFH today.

Spin after work for me. Rainy old day here. 

Hope you have a lovely week. Looking forward to see Polly this week when she ventures north to visit us.

Love,
Angela 


No comments:

Post a Comment