Monday, July 22, 2024

The weekend in Blenheim still recovering

 Hi,

I was surprised I was ready and able to fly to Blenheim after work on Thursday. Mike dropped me off at the airport for my 1930 flight. I managed to time the flu drugs well and did not cough as we flew over. Winds were favourable and it was a very short flight of 20 mins. I beat Iona there. Hahah.

Moxley looking adorbs

Ready for my flight

Mid ride iced coffee - old school

Friday saw us up for a bike ride. But after about 20 mins on the Taylor river flat, I suggested to Iona I was not up for a lot more than that. So we stuck to the flat parts. I managed 20 km all up. But we did stop at the aviation museum for an iced coffee during the middle of it.

Raranga fun

Back home for some raranga fun. Making muka. Mandy has another project underway so Iona was prepping for that.

Yep - good enough

Picton museum

Saturday we went to see the rugby exhibition at Picton Museum. Col has a photo in the exhibition - she was in the first ever NPC first division rugby game between Manawatu and Hawkes Bay. Wow. Her pic is there for everyone to see.

Proud!


Col next to her photo on the wall

Col was in the first ever NPC div 1 womens rugby game 

Iced latte At Cortado

I knew someone on this ship

Watching TV

Back home to watch the All Blacks play Fiji in San Diego. Great game. Then off to try a rogaine course out along Taylor River. Great fun for an hour as the sun set.

Rogaine fun

Wee Cesna coming in

Lovely evening

Throw back to last visit

Sunday saw us entertain Malcolm, Marion and Anthony for brunch. Anthony is off to Aus to live soon. Exciting for him. And we all went out to do E line too. No critters this time.

Trap line in the white gumboots

Trappers united





Gate nemesis

Gorgeous day

Snowy mountains in the distance

Post trap line coffee

Who is that?

Date scones for the win

Col made date scones for the afternoon. Delicious. We did well in the stuff quiz. And before too long I was at the airport and heading home.

And another

Heading home

Wellington looking good

Stunning views

Mike met me at the airport and we were home to feed the cats nice and early. Mike had tidied the house so much. Wow! Made me feel very welcome.

Caught the bus in this morning. Going to go out with Adnan after work today to celebrate his achievements and listen to what he hopes to get stuck into next.

Hope you all have a great day. Mike and I are both so much better. But we still cough a bit when we exert ourselves. Yikes!

Enjoy your day.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment