Monday, July 1, 2024

The weekend with Matariki

 Hi,

What a big weekend for Matariki. Work had a hangi for Thursday evening and it was so good to have whanau there for it. Great presentation with lots of Matariki info. No waiata this time though - shame for that because to me, you get a lot of energy from singing together. But a great time nonetheless. So well run!


Work hangi for Matariki

Friday morning saw me finish off the Push Up Challenge for the month. 3249 of them in total from June 5 - June 28. For suicide awareness. I raised $75. Ta Mike. :-)  

Friday saw me do my last 219 push ups

I love these socks, Chelsea!

Last of my coffee milk

On my Mum's birthday - birthday coffee milk

And we're off

Mike and I left around midday to get to the Wairarapa - Sally and Andrew had left ages before us. But we ended up needing to shop for cat kibble and do a wash and all sorts. Sigh.

French bakery in Greytown

Iconic wee shack

What is the meaning of Stonehenge?

Our accommodation in Carterton was so good. Aratahi Cottages. I would stay there again for sure. Mike and I were in Unit 1. Snug with a heat pump. Big spa bath. Lovely.

We chilled before heading to Stonehenge Aotearoa and their Matariki special sunset tour. 60 punters - so a big group. Richard Hall gave the tour. Great fun. Lots of info.

Sunset

Watching the sunset

There I am

Back to chill and then meet Aidan and Janne at Baltar. We ate there last time and it was so good then - and just as good now.

Caught up on the news from Aidan and Janne. Then back home to bed. Slept well with the heat pump on because it got down to 2C. Brrrr.

Home made iced latte was... okay

Clareville bakery cabinet

Iced latte

Up for a brekkie at Clareville bakery and then Andrew and I got on our road bicycles and road 42 km from Carterton up past Stonehenge Aotearoa to the back road through to Martinborough.

Poppies is so good

I was a bit rusty with gear changes and by about 20km in my saddle was a tiny bit sore. Hahah. But it was great fun. 2 hours. Not bad for my first time back on that bike for about 5 years.

Met Mike and Sally and Poppies and had the best vegetarian platter. And a cheese board. So good.

Delicious

Back to chill at the cottages. And then Aidan and Janne came over - but the microwave was not working. We checked our unit - also not working. And a constant brown-out in the lights. Sally checked and there was a power cut in most of Carterton. But not at Aidan and Janne's place. So we decamped to there and enjoyed veg nachos. Mmmm.

They fixed the power as we drove back to the cottages. But our unit had no hot water. But we tucked up in bed and slept well.

Up to have a shower at Sally and Andrew's unit and some brekkie. A quick coffee in Greytown and then home. Great celebration with whanau for Matariki. Lots of shared kai and stories. 

Main St Deli in Greytown

Putting Ange's TV up

And it is going

Smudge cuddles

Buried by cats

We got the TV from Ange up on the wall. It is so good to have 1024p of definition. :-)  I promptly watched a lot of YouTube while the cats draped over me.

Off to bed after tea and up to WFH today. Garage gym for me. 40kg bench. 1 rep x 5 sets and 1 rep at 42.5kg. So happy with that.

Monday using birthday milk

We have terrible weather. Rain. Wind. Yep. Glad I am at home today. Cats will be happy too.

Have a great day!

Love,

Angela


1 comment:

  1. Impressive. Very wowed by your pressups

    ReplyDelete