Thursday, June 27, 2024

The Wednesday with the bike maintenance course with Kara

 Hi,

Guess what? It really is Thursday now. My Wednesday was good - I was anticipating the bike maintenance course after work with antici..... pation.

I did get some bad news at work about the restructuring for a close mate at work. So that made me quite glum about it all. However, I firmly believe this person is amazing and one day will rule the world. Or maybe, at least, a wee part somewhere. And do good things. So - this was just a wee stepping stone. But I can say one day: I knew them when...

Good luck, buddy. Go own it!

Work iced latte

Little Grump - a new cafe

Mike and I found a new wee cafe on Featherston - well on the corner of it. Little Grump. The coffees were so good. Mike even told them it was the best coffee he had in ages. And you all know how much he drinks. High praise indeed. I had a good potato sandwichy thing. Want to try their cheese and broccoli toastie next.

Iced latte was good!

Mike with his selfie


After work I walked with Mike up Willis St. Mike to LBQ to meet Sally and Andrew for "planning night". And me to myRide for my bike course. Bumped into Courtney on my way and chatted briefly to her.

Met Kara as she found a car park right outside. Wow. She has good parking angels. And we met Fraser (bike shop owner - used to race bikes) and about 6 other women. And we learned heaps of things. 

Ready for the bike course

Kara is also ready

You're a .... chainbreaker!

How to change brake disc pads. How to bleed the brakes. How to use darts to fix tubeless tyres. How to use a CO2 canister to inflate a tyre.  How to break a chain and link it up (either with another link or a spare link). So many useful tips. 

I really enjoyed it. And now I want to change my eBike brake pads. 

I went to LBQ at 8pm when it finished and caught up with the chattery bunch there. Managed to convince them they did not need another round of beers and we wandered off to our homes. We got a 14 and got home fairly quickly.

I had so many push ups to finish. But got there while Mike sorted out the sad cats. It was well past their feeding time by then. Moxley decided to puke outside our bedroom door - so we sorted that out.

Up at 5.30 (groan) to ride in and PT session with Quentin. 140 push ups. OMG. And I still have so many to do. 213 today is the total. One more day tomorrow and I am done.

Did squats too. 60kg. 3 reps x 3 sets. And that was tough.

Met Andrew for a quick iced latte


Weekend beckons because it is Matariki. Hangi at work today - in the evening. Huge event. Home early and finish push ups and then bed. I am a little tired to be honest.

Sending kia kaha to everyone that needs it today.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment