Thursday, June 13, 2024

The Wednesday with Jane

 Hi,


So sorry for the dearth of cat pics in today's blog post. I hope that fact we went to see Jane Goodall speak at the Opera House makes up for that.

She likes cats!

Dogs too.

Okay - she really likes dogs.

Smile Anna while I get my iced latte pic

Anyway, work had a big launch for some new learning content. And it was amazing. I started it already! Hahah. I had an iced latte and Anna from work is like: why are you getting a pic?  Myra knew. She took the pic of me and Anna.

It is my thing. As my loyal readers know. :-D  

Can I just finish my scone first?

Super busy at work. It is almost quarter end after all. Goes with the territory. After 1700, Mike and I walked to LBQ and grabbed a table. Andrew was not too far away. And Kara was only slightly delayed by traffic coming in.

Pre Jane food and drinks

At Jane. Fangirling in Row R

We had food there (they do have a nice vegan platter - although this had chicken too!). At 1900 we wandered down to the Opera House and found our seats. Kara and Andrew in Row S, Mike and I in Row R.

The karakia was so good. And after that awesome way to open it, the chap had us singing a waiata for her. So good.

Dr Jane Goodall talked for about 45 mins on her own at the lectern. Her tour was about Reasons for Hope. It was different in content from her 2016 one. But she still acknowledges her mother so much. That was strong messaging last time - and equally tonight.

Then after the interval, Karen Fifield had a fireside chat with  her. Good questions. One of the best questions was "How has the original chimps' lineage fared to now?". And the woman behind us whispered: that's my question.

It was close to 2200 when it finished. And we caught the #4 bus home - but had to wait 10 mins for that. So it was late by the time we got home. I had 50 push ups to do too. Groan.

Went to bed. Hardly any sleep. Up early for ride in and gym. Did 110 push ups as part of my 45 min session. Plus other arm work. OMG.

Heard about Quentin and his allergic reaction to peanuts. He gave the paramedics a huge fright. I hope he recovers well and doesn't go anywhere near peanuts.

Weekend is epic. Mike's birthday. And possum run. Brent is also here tonight in Wellington and staying with us. Woot!

Will tell you all about it on Monday!


Have a good one.

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment