Tuesday, September 17, 2024

The Monday WFH and with a migraine for Mike

 Hi,

Good morning to my cat content lovers out there. You get a pic of Moxley today. I know, I know. It has been a hot minute. 

Found some pics from Sunday's ski day. I had an all day lesson for $175. And it was so good. Morning saw me with Jess (ski school scheduler getting a freebie) and Josh (14 year old from Chc - his brother is an instructor) and Deborah (consultant from Wellington).  So a nice small group. Deborah disappeared after a few runs so it got even smaller. Shaun the instructor was chill. I wanted my mojo back - and I feel like we got there.

Gorgeous conditions in the morning. 11am it clagged in for a few runs. Then a lunch break and back to it at 13:30. In the afternoon it was just me and Josh. We had fun.

Me on Sunday

So ready for it

Finished at 15:30 and headed down the mountain with Mike. The foggy conditions were similar to the thick fog on his bike ride in the Peak to Pub race. Scary stuff in the car - let alone on a bike.


Fog conditions driving down on Sunday - very similar to Mike's bike race
Imagine hurtling down here on a mountain bike with mud getting flung in your eyes

Sunrise at Pudding Hill hits the blossoms

Caught up with Toby and Tessa at a Chinese Restaurant at  Spitfire Plaza, 10 min walk from the airport. We had delicious food. Would recommend. What was it called? Taichi. Yep - very good, and huge servings. Especially so close to the airport, where there are slim pickings indeed (and everything is closed by 7pm). 

Then Tessa dropped us back at the airport. We queued through security (some delay or other) only to find we were on a regional flight. So back through we went to our regional gate.

Easy flight home. Mike went to get the car while I got the bags. And he was ready for me as I pushed the cart out to the pick up area. Easy.

Cats were happy to see us. Ok. Smudge was hiding. But Moxley was happy. Slept so well.

Surprise waiting for me at home

Moxley checks our luggage out - it must smell good

Up to find Mike was getting a migraine. So he took meds and went back to sleep. I went up to the garage gym to do some bench press. 37.5kg 4 reps x 4 sets. Plus push ups. And Hangs.

Worked from home. So busy. Finished up and prepped some dough. Had some tea with Mike. Watched You Tube. I fell asleep at one point. Then I watched my videos and Mike fell asleep. Hahah. Off to bed early. Good sleep.

Lunch break Monday gets Moxley investigating me

Tuesday iced latte at work

After some terrific heavy rain (no wind though) last night, I was astonished to see clear skies this morning. Rode in and headed to the gym. Did dead lifts.  82.5kg. 3 reps x 4 sets. Then some accessories. Walked back to work and it was spitting. Now as I type this, it is hosing down outside - just in time for Mike to come in, unprepared for the torrential rain since it was fine and sunny when he left.

Anyway - I want to run after work. We have groceries coming so I can't stay too long in town after work. Need to ride home. Charge my headlight. And get the groceries sorted.

Hope your day is such a great one!
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment