Monday, September 23, 2024

The weekend with a huge run for Mike and a tapering ride for me

 Hi,

What a mixed bag with the weather. September in Wellington always bring chaotic and windy weather. This month is no exception to that.

Today's blog has all the content you want. Cats. Iced lattes. Cycling. Did I mention cats? Oddly the pics have all gone in backwards. So let's time travel from Monday morning, back to Friday as I type.


Monday morning iced latte at home

I am WFH Monday morning. But walking in to work for a meeting in the afternoon and a walk home with Barb. A 10km walk seems like a good taper for the race this coming weekend.


Sunday loaf

Sunday saw the weather a bit yuck in the morning. And windy. The wind stayed, but at least it blew the rain away. I made sourdough. Mike set up a wifi mesh - now we have the internet in our garage! And we visited Kara and took in her shampoo and conditioner. She is doing well. 1 month since the accident. And she is so over it. But still doing ok.


Rye sourdough

Made rye sourdough Saturday night. It does not have as much spring in the loaf as my white one. But it was still very delicious. I will continue to experiment.

Saturday Jung Kook movie

Saturday afternoon we met Sarah and went to The Embassy to see a movie about Jung Kook's solo efforts. Good stuff. I had watched some YouTube as prep for it (Sarah sent it through). But really - knew nothing. It all seems so wholesome. This mega star is eating noodles in his hotel room. Hahah.

Saturday morning we got up early and drove out to Janine's house - she was going to run with Mike while I relocated the car and biked back to them. Only to find she was really sick with a migraine. The two of us continued the plan, I dropped Mike off at the Kaitoke end of the Remutaka incline and drove around to Cross Creek. 

At about 9.40am I left the carpark. And after a grind up, got to the big suspension bridge 59 mins later. Not as hard as I expected. Toby's wee bike did fine. The gears are really hard to change. The bike needs a service.

When I got to the top - Mike was there already! Wow! So I rode back down to Cross Creek with him. He was so fast.

Then he ran about 4 more ks towards Featherston to get a half marathon distance. Good work!


At 21.5km

And out to the car park

Down the other side

At the top of the incline

Selfie

Friday morning I took the car in to get a reversing camera installed. ABTec did a great job. While that was happening, I rode Toby's bike to Evo Cycles and bought a new bike. Trek eBike Rail 9.8. This is through a work scheme called WorkRide. Some sort of tax and salary thing. Ask Maureen! Hahahah. I am waiting for the paperwork to go through. Hopefully it is ready for pick up next week.

Coming back from there at midday into town, I picked up Mike from work and took him out for lunch to La Cloche. So nice.

Cats touching

La Cloche - spontaneous Fri lunch

Work iced latte

Caught up with Maureen

Random loaf

Sally cleared the Epuni garden up on Saturday too. Far better than waiting for Sunday as that weather wasn't as good. Yay!

And Andrew is off to Chc with his whanau for a funeral for his Aunt Margaret. Sending them kia kaha vibes at this sad time.

Hope your Monday is a good one

Love,

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment