Monday, September 2, 2024

The weekend with Toby still here and lots of movies

 Hi,

Happy birthday to Cameron today. And Jamie yesterday. It is the week of birthdays for our wider family.

I do note that this post has all the content. Cats. Iced latte. Hahah. I will watch the post hits just roll in with this one.

Friday I got to hang out with Toby most of the day. I got a run in. Then showered and changed and we went to Queensgate for some lunch and shopping.

Pocari Sweat at Japan City, Queensgate

Iced latte at the convention centre

Toby and I invented a game while we waited for our movie to start at this cafe. Someone says a topic, and you have 5 mins to research it and come back with the best fact you found out about it. I know more now about the McCoy Hatfield feud than ever before. And Abraham Lincoln. And the Mexican War.

There we go!

And we saw Inside Out 2

We decided to see Inside Out 2 at the cinema at Queensgate. The two of us, and 2 other people. I really enjoyed the movie. Funny. Touching.

Saturday saw us doing some work around the house. And Ange came over to visit and we took her car for a test drive. Not to buy her car. But to see if that car (Subaru XV) is what we would like to buy next. So off to Paekakariki we went. And we stopped to get coffees (not Ange) at the cafe there. They had no ice but happily made me a cold latte. Hahah. It was pretty good.

Saturday drive with Ange saw me get a cold latte - no ice

Home made iced latte on Sunday

Fifth loaf

Made sourdough Sunday morning. And left it cooling on the bench while we drove to the supermarket for Kara's grocery shop. When we got back, Toby had tucked into some of it. There is nothing better than warm bread, after all. And he had no idea this was to take to Kara's place.

We picked up Ange (she had made delicious carrot cake muffins) and went to see Kara. Kara is doing amazing. She is using a Zimmerframe to get around her house. What an inspiration to anyone dealt a setback. We had a cup of tea. Ange and I took Rasta for a wee walk. We did a little bit of house work for Kara. Mike changed the duvet cover and entertained us all.

Smudge looking very regal

Mike goes public with his duvet changing skills

Dropped Ange home and then went to town with Toby to see Alien Romulus. Had tea first at Sweet Mother's Kitchen and enjoyed that thoroughly. Then off to the Embassy for the movie. OMG. I should have stayed home. So scary for me. But it seemed like a good Alien movie entry into the stable of them. Some of them are now blending into the other. But this one was a good homage to the original - yet did not feel like a direct knockoff. Five minutes into the movie my watch told me I was stressed. And it stayed high until halfway home in the car when it started to drop. Hahah.

Home to bed. But I had to read for a bit to distract myself.

Up for working from home today. Toby has a late flight out to Chc. I am already feeling quite sad about seeing him leave. I also have a skin check appointment. They rang on a Sunday night a few weekends back to ask if I could move my Nov appointment to now as the doctor is away on a big holiday. Ok.

Right. Enjoy your day. Hope the week is a good one.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment