Wednesday, September 18, 2024

The Tuesday with a cold run

 Hi,

Work is so busy. I went for a run after work with Stacey and Callan. It was such a strong, cold southerly. Brrr. Stacey and I did 4k and Callan did his extra 1k to qualify for his September goals.


Sourdough - lost count of the number now

I rode home in the cold. I reckon it was my coldest ride home for years. Mornings are cold - sure. But usually we are in the low teens for cold temps by the time I ride home. Not last night. Wow. Put the delivered groceries away.


French Kiss cart iced latte this morning


Mike got home quite late. But we ate some warm sourdough (mmmmm) and went to bed not long after that. I was cold despite the heat pump doing its thing above my head. Hahah.

Very satisfying graph

Mike was pleased to see our electricity usage graph. Our electricity plan gives us free power from 3am to 6am; at 4am we were burning nearly 10 kW of free electricity (that's one hundred old-school 100W lightbulbs' worth!) when the timers for the hot water cylinder, the heated towel rails, the underfloor heating, the lounge heatpump, the dishwasher and the washing machine all kicked in at once. Bliss.

Good sleep. Up for dough prep and laundry. Then a late morning ride into work in sunshine. Lovely day. Dave was sick (and he rang me and sounded pretty bad) so Mike stepped in and took me for an iced latte.

Will try to run with Mike after work. Ride home. Rinse and repeat.

Have a great day!

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment