Thursday, September 5, 2024

The Wednesday with work and a flight to Blenheim and a walk and talk for Mike

 Hi,

Well, with a blog post title like that, I barely need to say anything in the content. It is all summed up right there.

Happy birthday today to wee Abby. 19. Wow!


Boarding pass in my hot little hand

After a long day at work (but I did WFH) I fed the cats and then got an Uber to the airport. The Uber driver was lovely. Recent wee baby boy. Good chat. Meanwhile, Mike was taking some people on a walk up Te Ahumairangi hill and then giving a talk on Great Walks at the Sprig and Fern pub. Seems like he enjoyed that because he was still getting home when I was tucking up in bed!

Flight to Blenheim was easy. Two thirds full. Pilot (Caleb) said there would be a few bumps out of Wellington. There was not. 20 mins later, I am grabbing my bag and hugging Col. We went back to the end of quiz night where I contributed exactly nothing. TV round. And a round called "Creatures" - which everyone else knew.

Solid middle of the table (ok - maybe lower middle) performance. Then off home - Robyn actually dropped me off because the ute was a bit of a squeeze with my bag in it.

Chatted for a bit at home. Caught up on news. Then off to bed. And I slept like the dead. Heaven. Up for an online PT session with Quentin. Core. Groan. Glutes. Ohhh. Back. Ahhh. Hahah. Good fun. Twigg saw me flailing around on the ground and either felt compelled to render assistance - or to play. Might have been play. She got the zoomies. Quentin and I loved it.

Now WFH today here in sunny Blenheim. Big weekend. Bike ride and hike tomorrow. Park Run and trapline Saturday. Another bike ride Sunday. Nicola has a sore shoulder and Iona has a cold. I feel fine - but goodness knows I have not done a lot of training. Oops.

Have a lovely weekend, wherever you are. I am thinking of my whanau off overseas. Wishing I was with them. Sri Lanka. New York. Their pics look so good.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment