Wednesday, January 28, 2009

And I drove in this morning

Drove.  All the way in!  I even drove past a bus, then past a place to park and meet that bus!

Yesterday was just too much hassle.  Toby and I rode to KidsCo and then I rode into work.  All went pretty well but it took the best part of an hour door to door.  By the time I got still-on-Sydney-time Toby out of bed and out the door, it meant I was late for an external meeting and then chasing my tail all morning.

So today we drove.  Drove!  All the way!  And it was marvellous.

But things were even slower this morning.  I slept in, Toby slept in, I had lots of jobs to do in the morning... but we were away by 8:15 and I was at work by 8:45.  Wonderful.

We've been trying to coordinate a play date with Toby's friend Jonathan.  It's pinned down to TOMORROW now.  Toby has swimming with KidsCo today (I hope he has his togs - I didn't double check his bag!) so tomorrow afternoon he can go play with Jonathan.  I'll ring and coordinate everything.


Tomorrow, though, we'll make a concerted effort to ride.  As long as we're away by 7:45 or so, and I am terse (not chatty) with the KidsCo staff, then all should be fine.  And it's good for me after all!  My body ached a bit after all that up hills and down dales, especially with some extra ballast on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment