Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dinner with Aidan and Josh

All that biking was mainly so that we could all go around for dinner with Aidan and Josh.  We got to see their new house and eat yummy home made burgers.  Mmm-mmm!  Toby was very happy to see Duncan and Emmerson and play with them.  If we'd been thinking, and adventurous, we'd have sorted out a sleep over with them I think.

Angela left work around 4:30 to retrieve Toby from his play date and drive him around.  After a lot of procrastination and delaying the inevitable, I slunk out of work an hour later.  I really wasn't looking forward to the ride up the hill at all.  But it was great fun.  As luck would have it we all ended up pulling up outside their house at exactly the same time, too.  Angela had brought me a change of clothes and I had a quick shower there so ended up refreshed and human!

So after a great evening of conversation punctuated by climbs onto the roof to retrieve various flying toys, off we set armed with plenty of books from their bookshelf.  It was so nice too for me to be able to put my back-pack and all my junk into the boot of the car and ride home au natural (so to speak).  I think that Josh and Aidan were a little bit horrified I was riding back in the dark, but I think their minds were set to rest when I showed them my day-glo jacket and dazzled them with my freshly batteried-up strobing lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment