Monday, January 26, 2009

Good morning on Mon, Jan 26

Happy Australia Day to the Aussie contingent. Toby came home waving an Aussie flag so it is obvious he is coming home just in time to stop any brainwashing. Heheheheh.

He was very excited to see us at the airport. He ran through ahead of my parents. Mum and Dad were exhausted by their "holiday" and are recovering at home now. Toby was pleased with the helium balloons we had at the airport to welcome him back. He was even more pleased once we got home to see his bedroom and toys. He said how nice it was to be back in his house. He was all over me and Mike - I got many kisses.

We had a very nice evening with Vivienne, John and Benjamin. There were Christmas gifts exchanged and we had a Toby favourite meal - spaghetti bolognese.

Wee Toby went to bed very well. I read him a new book he got for Christmas (he loved it - it is called Dinosaurs love Underpants and he giggles a lot as I read it) and he climbed up to bed. After about 5 minutes he called out he wasn't sleepy. Not surprising as it was only 6pm Sydney time. I got him some books to read and I told him he had to stay in bed but he could read until whenever he wanted. There was no other peep from him. Well, apart from some reading noises for a wee while as he got into some book or other. I may well have fallen asleep before him but I don't know.

This morning I was late to work as I let Toby sleep in. He woke at about 8.15 - so not too bad. We rode to KidsCo on the bike and Toby is so much stronger now. He can pedal and help so much! I dropped him off and there was only a little moan about KidsCo. But he went straight to some toys and seemed happy. I left his bike locked to a post outside. Mike will ride to collect him at about 1700. He has his bike gloves, safety vest and a jersey in his backpack with his helmet attached.

I am very pleased to have wee Toby back. Mum said it may have been a little too long for his first big holiday without us. But I think it has made him even more independent. So, thank you to the Sydney family for looking after him so well. I can tell he loved it.

Have a great week! The weather here is exceptional!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment