Thursday, January 29, 2009

And I rode this morning

Angela worked out the logistics just nicely so that I had to take Toby in by bike, and then after work I have to ride to Khandallah (about 10km away, up the side of a mountain), and finally I have to ride home. Whew.

It was all good this morning - but only cos I don't have a 9am meeting. In spite of getting up at 6:15, and getting Toby up at 7:00 sharp, guess what? We weren't riding down the hill until 8:08 and I didn't get to work until 9:00. It's all about the end game - it doesn't matter how well the morning goes, it's all down to the time between the words 'ok Toby, it's time to go now' and when we're actually leaving the property. Take your eye off the ball in those critical minutes and it's all over.

My stats were: 8.23km, 32min 57s, avg 14.99 km/h, max 54.6 km/h. Not too bad for all the up hill and down dale with Toby on the back. Oh, and I think I'm more cautious coming down the hill now - I'll always have a 55 km/h or so max cos there's one section that's straight and clear that you can fly down, but I think I go a bit slower on the windy bits now. I certainly did today, there was traffic and pedestrians and suchlike to play with me...

Yes, yes, I was thinking as I rode in that Sally probably has moved to the Terrrace. Woo Hoo!! Lunches in Midland Park. When? Today?

No comments:

Post a Comment