Friday, July 24, 2009

Good morning on Fri, Jul 24

Hi there,

Another wet day for Wellington but the forecast seems to be quite good for the weekend. Mind you, the two weather information sites I have just consulted both say wildly different things. One says tomorrow will be cloudy with no rain and a low of -1. Ridiculous. It's never that cold in Wellington. The other says it'll be mostly cloudy but with rain and a low of 4. Who knows. If there is a clear spell tomorrow after swimming I might take Toby for a hit on the tennis courts at his school.

Mike heads of for Ruapehu this evening for the second snowcraft weekend and by all accounts it is looking quite good weather-wise up there. Well, by one account. I sat with Kat on the bus in this morning and she is also going up for snowcraft. She tells me the weather is looking good. She probably has as reliable a source as I do for the Wellington weather.

So Toby and I have the following weekend plans. Dinner and a sleepover at Grandy and Gramps' house tonight. Swimming tomorrow morning. Back home and maybe some tennis. Sleepover for Saturday night at the Sampson household. Sunday I have Kea leader training from 10 am to 3pm and I think Aidan will look after Toby as Josh is also coming to the training session. I was hoping to watch the rugby but that is looking unlikely at this point.

So, there you have it. A weekend of fun, excitement and hopefully a glimpse of sunshine by Sunday. Monday is looking good at this stage.

I need to get ready for the papier-mache Kea night with some cardboard bases and make up the glue. What fun!

Last night we had an unexpected pleasure with a Skype chat to the Holloway family in Southampton. Their webcam worked great but we didn't have one (or a mic until Mike flew downstairs and found one). It was nice to see Judith and wee John too. And a photo of Claire - she was 5 yesterday! I think we need to buy a webcam and have regular sessions chatting to them. It was like being there.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment