Friday, July 3, 2009

Good morning on Friday July 3

Happy birthday to Andrew, happy birthday to Andrew, happy birthday to you! For yesterday.

I'm presenting at the sharepoint conference today. Ooooo. I went out to dinner with one of the other speakers last night and he said, everyone's got to have a first one.

I already know that one of the things I'm about to recommend, one of the other speakers has said never, ever to do. Bring it on! We might have to settle that one outside.

The 2009 Wellington Sharepoint conference has been really, REALLY good so far. Really polished, great speakers, something for everyone. This was the inaugural conference, I really hope it's the first of many.

Thankyou to Angela and Margo for missing table tennis so I could keep going at the conference last night. I'm getting a lot out of all the side events - I came that close to having dinner with Joel Oleson! (Joel Oleson is the Alison Holst of the sharepoint world.)

I've also bailed on my tramp this weekend so that I can stay for after-conference drinks and more chatting with people. It was already looking dodgy since my presentation is the very last one, and it was going to go until 15 mins after I was supposed to have left, anyway. And there is going to be heavy rain, snow to 900m and the rivers will be high.

OK, time for me to get out of bed, get to work, do some prep before the sessions kick off at 9am.

No comments:

Post a Comment