Monday, July 13, 2009

Good morning on Mon, Jul 13

Hi,

I don't want to upset Mike too much but I loved my weekend to myself. I went round to Mum and Dad's for tea on Friday after work and stayed to watch a movie with Mum (turns out she'd seen it and never liked it then - so she did her crosswords). Then home to put the bread on and off to bed to read and sleep. I woke just before 7am and about a minute later the phone rings and it is Toby. All he said in a crying wail was "I want to come home" about 4 or 5 times in a row then ran away. Oh dear. He'd woken on the wrong side of the bed - or squab.

I spent the next 30 minutes worrying about him until Mike's parents rang again to say he was ok. Phew!

So, I trotted out to get the fresh bread, took it back to bed and ate bread and butter and read books.

Eventually I got out of bed and showered and started preparing to paint our bedroom. My goal was to be able to get the curtains back up by the end of the weekend. I wiped down the whole room as it was covered in plaster dust and then started a layer of undercoat. After that I had to wait 2 hours. So I read some more. :-)

Then another layer of top coat. By then it must have been 7.30pm or so. So I went to bed thinking I would read some more (this really is my idea of heaven!) however I got sidetracked by movies and watched one and half of another one before I fell into a coma.

Next morning I watched the end of the second movie and then started a top coat on the room. I got that done and hopped in the shower to get ready to take Mum to the pub in Khandallah for lunch. We had a nice lunch and and did a bit of shopping for veges and stuff at the New World nearby.

Then Mum and I shot down the hill to shop for a special welcome home present for Toby. I spent an hour or two getting it set up for his return. Shhhhh.

After that was accomplished, I added the last top coat to the room. Then I read some more while it dried. By this time Mike was close to Wellington so I went down to collect him and dropped two others off on the way home.

I got the curtains back on and we're planning to head out to the Indian curry place in Porirua tonight after work. And we might pop in on the Bichans to see if we can help sort out their new broadband connections.

Mike might tell you all about his adventures so I'll leave that for him. His Saturday was good with nice weather but Sunday was spent inside on theory with gale force winds outside. He had a great weekend too!

Have a good week and enjoy it!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment