Friday, June 22, 2012

The Thursday with nothing for me and Toby...

Hi,

The harbour is beautiful this morning - my ride around the waterfront was lovely.  The harbour is so still and the blue skies and beautiful sunrise made my day! 

Yesterday I got a lift home with Rex in his car.  We shoved my bike in the back and my two Fly Buys parcels (pizza stone and non-stick pan) and I was home with everything in one piece.  Contemplating carrying it home on the bike wasn't looking like a lot of fun.  I cooked dinner for me and Toby and we relaxed for the evening. 

Mike went out beer tasting with work and Andrew went as well.  He tells me the MC knew his stuff and knew a lot of the NZ craft brewers personally.  He told them all about how the beers were made, what the difference is between stout and porter (ratio of roasted barley to chocolate malt, apparently), the history of why the different malts and hops are as they are and who likes what sort of flavours internationally, and so on.  They must have had fun as they got home after midnight and Andrew stayed the night.


It is almost the weekend!  Hooray!  The weather is looking mighty fine today (Friday) and again on Sunday with some indeterminate weather tomorrow.

Mike might be headed off for a tramp with Andrew.  We shall see.  I need to help Toby with his project work for school and that is about all I have planned.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment