Monday, June 25, 2012

The weekend with nothing

Hi,

The sofa exerted an almost inexorable pull over me and I spent a few hours reading there over the weekend.  What a pleasant way to while away a few hours on a weekend with nothing much on.

I had dinner out on Friday night with Sally and Andrew at a Mexican place on Molesworth St.  The starters were good and Sally's tostados were very good.  I tried mole again (a chocolate based sauce over chicken) and have decided I do not like it.  Didn't like it the first time and didn't like it the second time.

Mike came and collected us and we dropped Sally and Andrew off home before heading to our house to collapse into bed while watching the first Transformers movie.

Saturday I was up early and had an appointment in town.  When I got home with the butter afterwards we had breakfast.  Bagels with smoked salmon and cream cheese.  Yummo.

Mike then worked on tramping club stuff, and Toby worked on his project.  This is when the sofa exerted its pull for the first time.

Toby organised a playdate with William and I dropped him off despite the radio saying if you had no reason to travel, stay on the sofa.  Good advice if you ask me!  Hahahah.  But Toby had other ideas.

Come 5pm I went to collect him and then I cooked tea.  We watched the rugby (Ireland were destroyed) and went to bed.

Sunday morning the wind had died away to nothing.  The sofa again pulled me to read.  Mike again had to work, on day job stuff this time.  And after lunch Toby pronounced he was bored and wanted to play with Duncan and Emerson.  Bit too late to organise that so I took him to Te Papa.  Mike met us in town and I got my iced coffee from Joe's Garage.  See Facebook for the evidence.  Toby enjoyed his iced chocolate.

Toby and I then went to see Brave in 3D and I loved it.  Toby also enjoyed it.  Mike did still more work, back on tramping club stuff again.  Whew!  He tells me he made good progress.

Home to iron for the week (boring) and watch a movie with Mike.  Great fun!
Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment