Friday, June 15, 2012

The Thursday with nothing

Hi,

I rode home with Mike yesterday after a busy day at work, punctuated by a lovely lunch with Aidan and Josh at Wagamama.  I ate a bit too much though.  Mike kept on my tail all the way up the hill.  Where can I find a reserve of speed to leave him in my wake?  As he is wont to do, he analysed our different approaches to riding up the hill.  Apparently I keep the same power on and make ground up on the less steep bits, whereas Mike works harder than me on the steeper bits and finds he slackens off on the less steep bits.  Heheheh.  I fairly flew along Cecil/Mairangi though.  He got held up in traffic.  That's his story anyway.

Anyhow, it's Friday!  Yay!  Mike and I have a date night (courtesy of John and Christine).  Buying Mike some jeans for his birthday tomorrow, followed by a dinner and a movie (Prometheus- the Alien prequel).  I am looking forward to it.  Tomorrow is his actual birthday so a nice breakfast in bed for Mike before Toby and I kick him out of the house.  Mike will try and jump start the Corolla from the MX-5 and drive the Corolla to Pitstop in Petone and ride his bike back home.  Maybe the long way?  Andrew - you should join him for a bike ride.  The car will be fixed in the fullness of time next week.  I hope.

Dinner at our house tomorrow night - come along!  Mike's favourite meal is on the menu - falafel kebabs.  Apparently.  Hahahah.  When asked for his favourite food he was hard-pressed to offer up anything.  I think the "Some things we like more than others but we eat everything in front of us" mantra may have meant he has no favourites (I am partial to my mother's roast lamb, with roast potatoes, peas and gravy - just in case you were all wondering).

Sunday we're free.  But with only the wee car.  So you get us in twos if you want us.  Or threes, if one of us follows behind slowly on the bicycle.

Have a great weekend.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment