Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Tuesday with Cubs, but not for me

Hi,

By all accounts (Mike and Toby's account actually) the Cubs evening last night was the best evening ever!  The karate sensei Adam Lang gave a great talk to the Cubs and they were enthralled.  So much so that Adam said he will come back to present again next term.  Part two!  Cool.  I missed last night due to work commitments, but I'll make sure I am around for the next one.

My work colleague was intrigued to hear we had the karate sensei coming in to talk and when I was chasing Adam up to make sure he was coming, my work colleague joked that Mike would have to stand in and deliver the session.  I had visions of Mike busting a broom handle off and waving a makeshift bo staff around while narrowly missing the heads of Cubs that got too close.  Lucky it didn't come to that.

This morning is a glorious morning here in Wellington.  Blue skies, bit of dry, cold wind.  The roads were completely dry and I hurtled down the hill.  My front disc brake is making graunching noises that I have fleeting concerns about.  I must take it in for a service.

I also need to take in my ski boots this Saturday to see if someone can fix them.  I am tired of losing my toenails every season.

I have a big day at work today.  Got to deliver a session of my own - talking for three hours in front of people.  Yikes.  Hahahah.  Lucky I am not shy!  What?

Have a marvellous day!
Love,
Angela

1 comment:

  1. hehe no joke - the contingency plan really was for me, aided by two cubs who do karate, to take the session instead!!

    ReplyDelete