Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Wednesday with karate

Hi,

I had a great ride up to karate after work (and work was frustrating enough that I needed a good, hard ride) but got pushed into the gutter by a car driver that had no idea whatsoever.  I had to step off my bike.  Can't car drivers wait for a second rather than compromising the health and safety of vulnerable road users?

Anyhow, we watched Toby for a short while.  The Corolla is broken - its battery is as flat as a tack.  Even the trickle charger (thanks, Dad) didn't make any impact.  So Mike drove the MX-5 home from karate and I rode.  The ride around the top of Northland to Wadestown is fantastic fun.  The bus (number 23) passed me as I got to the top of the road the karate is on.  And I passed the bus about a kilometre later and I had been in the garage for ages before it eventually drove past.  Bicycle is faster on that road!

Today is quite threatening.  I made it in without getting too wet - the mudguard worked well.  But it could easily pour with rain at any time.

Tomorrow is date night for me and Mike.  I have an evening of fun lined up ahead of his birthday on Saturday.  Hooray!

Have a wonderful day.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment