Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Monday with drinks after work for me

Hi,

The weather has changed and I got really rather soaked riding in this morning (Tuesday).  The sort of soaking where I wring my socks out when I take them off.  The sort of soaking that means I have put my bike shoes on the heater in a futile attempt to dry them out before I need to ride home.  My bike shorts are there too.  Pretty sure they won't be able to stay there very long.  I'll have to hide them under my desk.  But they might get a good head start on the drying process.  I really don't like pulling on wet bike gear at the other end of the day.  Hahahah.

Still, it was great fun!

Last night I drove home (Mike had the car in town) cooked tea for Toby and then drove back to swap with Mike.  I had some drinks after work with colleagues.  We chatted away at the pub over the road for ages.  Then Ange took me home, so Mike didn't even need to come out in the rain.  Perfect.

I think tonight is straight forward.  I'll ride home, collect Toby, cook tea and watch Toby do homework.  He's doing well with his homework at the moment.

But right now, what I really need is a cup of tea.  And I guess I am rather grateful I am not driving to Waiouru like Aidan is today for her work.  It's not a pleasant driving day.  3.5 hours each way for a 1 hour meeting.  Interesting way to spend your day at work.  Be alright in the wee green car on a gorgeous day!

Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment