Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Wednesday with tramping club for me

Hi,

More of the sodden weather continues.  How much rain is left up there?  Yesterday I stayed in town and caught up with colleagues for a drink before I wandered over to the tramping club meeting.  It was a talk on a visit to the sub antarctic islands.  And it was just as good as I was hoping.  Great photos - the islands look so amazing.  This person was a botany nut and the plants were incredible.  She explained it all really well.

Mike arrived just as it was two thirds done.  He'd been home to have dinner with his Mum and Toby.  His mother looked after Toby yesterday (and today) before we're both on holiday.  Such a relief as we didn't know about Toby finishing school earlier than us until last week.  Mike caught up with people after the tramping club session and then we also went for a drink.  It did mean a late night for me.

This morning is wet, wet, wet.  My ride in didn't avoid any of the rain.  In fact, judging by the amount of water I wrung out of my socks, I think I may have contributed to soaking up a bit of the water that otherwise might be lying around Wellington.  Hahahah.  I bumped into Sally on the way to work and chatted for a while.  Then Aidan turned up and I chatted to her.  We bought a poppy each.  Aidan senses this is a good move given her job location and the fact she is presenting at her work today.  Nothing like a show of support for the armed services.

We have dinner at the Tabor house tonight - mainly so I can say hello to Susan (Aidan's mother - this is a short visit of hers and tonight is really the only night I can see her).  I'm looking forward to it.

Our deck is probably looking amazing but unfortunately it was dark when I got home and dark when I left this morning.  Maybe I'll see it tonight.  We're on the 8am ferry tomorrow - although the forecast gale force winds might have other ideas.  Sally rightly pointed out we should buy seasickness medicine.

Right.  Time for tea and loads of work.

Last blog for a while.  Two weeks off!  Yes!  Have a lovely Easter.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment