Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Tuesday with the fig feijoa fisaco

Hi,

Happy birthday to Mike's Dad, today!

I had a lovely ride home yesterday.  Well, to the library at any rate.  This evening I get to ride there and collect Toby and walk home with him.  Mike will drive in so he can do the tramping club run easily tonight.

Managed an iced coffee at Thunderbird yesterday with my colleagues.  Mmmmm.  Their iced coffee is quite good.

Thunderbirds are go!  I give it an 8.



We got home last night and I tried to cook tea but I wasn't really up for it.  But I did manage to drive down and collect Mike with Toby in the car and get some groceries on the way home.  Put them away (thanks for putting away the chops I left out, Mike!) and went to bed.  Mike had work to do.  He's a bit busy at work.

I forgot the fig feijoa fiasco.  Mike had his lunch bag with him when I collected him.  We chatted to Juliet and he mentioned he liked the lunch but never ate the fig because he knows nothing about how to eat figs.  "What fig?" I asked?  "This fig", he said, holding up a feijoa.  "That's a feijoa", I said.  "Oh", he said.  "I don't know how to eat feijoas either.  I have never eaten one".  Turns out the hundreds of feijoas that have come into our house over the last 7 years have all been consumed by me.  Yum!

I got up early for my run and enjoyed that.  Done four weeks on the programme now.  Yay.  I must be running about 2 km in my 30 min sessions now.  Apparently the aim is by 9 weeks I will be running a full 5 km in my 30 min session.  But I am actually enjoying it at the moment.

Yes, tramping club night.  I will go and collect Ed (Aidan's stepfather) and take him to tramping club.  It's the photography competition tonight.  Vivienne likes that one too!

Have a fantastic day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment