Monday, April 14, 2014

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

Well, I have to say, I am getting a tad tired of the constant rain.  I think this morning marks a week of rain every day - some of it quite heavy.  But most is just a constant oozing from the thick clouds.  The forecast is for another week of it.  Could make our week camping at Easter a little damp.

Let's see...  What did we do this weekend?  Friday I took the bus home in a spell of laziness.  But, as Aidan pointed out, I did do my first big run in the morning and then a decent ride in from Petone.  So, if she can be magnanimous with my laziness, I guess I can too.  I collected Toby from the library and got him a burger from Burger Wisconsin.  He ate that and was as happy as anything.

Mike eventually got home, just in time for Josh and Ed to turn up to borrow Mike's backpack for the weekend.  We watched a movie after dinner and slept well.

Saturday saw Mike away early after getting us breakfast in bed.  He rode his bike for the first time in 2014!  Oooosssshhhh!  Go Mike!  He went out to Petone to collect the car.  Toby and I went into Joe's Garage to meet Hayley for lunch.

It's all about the iced coffee, Hayley!

It was great to catch up with Hayley - she is settling into Wellington very well.  They have a flatmate moving out and are interviewing for new flatmates.  Hope that goes well.

Toby asked to see a movie after lunch so we went to the Embassy and saw Captain America.  Great fun!  Nothing spectacular.  Just a good solid superhero movie.

Our landscaping is going well, despite the ankle deep mud the chap finds himself in.  It can't be too far off getting lawn laid.  We're getting a wee deck too.  Should look good.  Stay tuned, eh?

Landscaping is coming along

Yes - it is very muddy!

After the movie we came home and I read for a bit before heading out to see Aidan.  She had decided that the weather was far too yucky for venturing beyond her letterbox and when I got to her place, she was in pyjamas.  Yes.  I also wonder if she had been in them all day.  But don't tell her that's what I suspect.  Ssshhhh.

She made me a lovely dinner.  She had threatened leftovers consisting of beans.  But she relented and found pasta and pesto.  And made a yummy salad.  She did show me the beans and they were really just beans.  It might have been tricky eating them and pretending to be happy about it.  We then painted our toes, but for some reason, I have no photo of them.  Shame!

Back home and off to bed.  Mike put on the new Cosmos episode and I was asleep in record time.  I think I heard (yes, my eyes were already shut when it started) the opening sentence before I was in a coma.

Next morning Mike was up and pottering around while Toby and I read.  Breakfast in bed again.  Nice!  I eventually got up and tidied.  I did the laundry mountain (ironing) while watching Cosmos.  I can't say again, because I never saw it the first time.  That was very apparent.  Mike handed over the webmaster job for tramping club to some chap.  I spent the day tidying and reading and Mike went into work.

Cooked dinner for Toby and Mike came home so we chatted away.  Then off to bed.  Up early this morning to run in the rain.  And Mike says he is riding in.  We shall see.

Have a lovely week.  Toby has his last day of term tomorrow.  I think Karen has her girls off and up with Ma and Dad already.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment