Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The Monday back at work after the Nelson fun

Hi,

I found it hard to get through the Monday with my head full of Nelson fun and excitement.  And I got a photo from the remaining peloton of cyclists showing an awesome breakfast on Monday morning.  Just to rub it in more.

Brekkie in Kaiteriteri 


Anyway, I did get through the day.  And I enjoyed my ride home on my bike.  Back to disc brakes after the older style caliper brakes on the bike I had hired at the weekend.  So nice to stop super easily.  I think I love disc brakes.

I got home and cooked tea.  Toby and I had chicken schnitzels - yummy!  Toby's favourite.  He also told me that he has a chance to earn a rugby scholarship at school in Year 12 if he keeps on with his current form in rugby.  Yes, it turns out my son has taken to PE like a duck to water and seems to be the fastest runner (and the craziest attacker/defender) in his year at school.  I am a bit dumbfounded at the possible thought that Mike and I have bred an athlete.  Hahahah!  Like some cosmic joke.  But - I hope it happens because I would love to be a "soccer mum" and watch Toby play sports at the weekends.  I thought I'd somehow missed out on all that.  Let's see what happens, eh?

I have a school parent teacher appointment today.  Toby's ropu teacher is his maths teacher - not sure his PE prowess will impress her as much as if he was a maths genius.  Looking forward to it.

Hope your day is a load of fun.  Rain is forecast for the next week - with heavy rain through Easter.  I intend to do a lot of indoor stuff!

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment