Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The Tuesday with ANZAC Day


Hi,

Having a day off in the middle of the week was fun.  It gave me an extra Friday night feeling (on Monday evening) but also an extra Sunday night feeling (on Tuesday evening).


I did get an iced latte with Rex on Monday

I tried to go to sleep early on Monday night - the boys were out watching the latest Fast and Furious movie with Sally.  I may have almost got to sleep by the time they came home.  Put paid to that for a while.

I was up at 4.30am and had some cornflakes before heading away at 5am.  Got a good place at the Pukeahu War Memorial on the rails and was in place by 5.20am.  I parked in Wakefield St and walked up easily.  Made for getting away at the end easy too.

Dawn service was stunning
And what a day for it - no wind and clear skies.  The church chap leading the prayers pointed out the crescent moon and Venus shining like a beacon close by.

I got back home at just after 7am and Mike got up and we had (second) breakfast.  Then he was off to visit Andrew and their woodworking project continued.

Toby and I chilled out at home.  I tidied a bit.  But that was about it.  Cooked tea (fish - Toby ate everything on his plate - he loves fish).

Back at work again today and everyone seems to be back in force.  Monday was really quiet - both at work and in town.

But - the day off yesterday does give me a three day working week!  Woot!  Roll on the weekend.

Have a great short week.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment