Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The weekend in Wellington and Mon and Tues in Auckland

Hi,

Hey - I am alive and well.  Just working from Auckland for the start of the week.  Back in Wellington now and apparently in the teeth of some weather excitement.  Certainly flying into Wellington last night I experienced some of the bumpiest weather I have ever felt in a plane.  But I found it exciting - it might have made some people anxious I guess.  The plane was quite quiet during that patch - apart from the plane flexing under us and making some cool noises.


Iced coffee in a brandy glass?


The weekend was a Wellington one - with Mike away for most of it for Survival night.  And he did survive because we saw him early Sunday afternoon in good health!

Yum Cha featured in my day with Toby on Sunday.  We met Christine (and Terry) and Yingjie.  It was good to catch up and enjoy the food together.

Monday I flew out for some client work in Auckland.  And spent the day with Roz.  She put me up for the night and cooked me tea.  Spanish chicken.  It was yummy.  We also chatted to Fran and I think they may try and arrange a Matilda night out later in the year.  It doesn't appeal to me.  Now, a day spa session sounds much more my thing!

Tuesday saw Roz and I enjoy brekkie in Onehunga - at a new place and it was pretty good.  I got an iced coffee (not too sweet - 7/10) in a brandy glass.  Top marks for that.  And caught the train into Britomart from Ellerslie and walked to work from there.  In light rain - with really humid, warm conditions.  Auckland is like Singapore!

The boys seem to have got by without me for two days.  Toby had the day off school yesterday (parent teacher interviews) and went to Joe's Garage with his mates and then Te Papa.  He had a ball.  Good on him.

Hope your week is loads of fun.  Thanks for looking after me, Roz!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment