Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Tuesday with not a lot

Hi,

Yesterday's weather was really odd - overcast and so warm - with not a breath of wind.  Like some disturbing alternative reality Wellington where it doesn't rain or blow a gale despite it looking like normal.

And this morning is is raining - vertically!  Still really warm, with no wind.  I feel like I have been transported to Auckland.  Except it only takes 20 minutes for me to get to work instead of an hour and 20 minutes.

Anyhow, I got lunch yesterday with Chenda at work and we enjoyed a bowl of ramen.  Mmmm.  And after work I rode home.  As I passed all the buses on Willis St pulling into the Grand bus stop, I heard Mike yell "Angela" but I couldn't see him for all the traffic.  I stopped at the red light and he ran up to me and kissed me!  I pulled off the road and we chatted before I headed home and he went to his Meet up meeting.

I got home and cooked tea for Toby and waited for Mike to get home.  The rain started when he got home and I don't think it has let up.  Some new cyclone is bearing down on up north further, bringing rain to already waterlogged land.  They are a bit fearful what might happen.  Hope everything is far better than they expect.

I didn't sleep super well.  Probably because I have a presentation tonight.  Remind me not to ever do those!  Gah!  Come 7pm it'll be over for another year.  By then I forget how horrid it is for me and stupidly volunteer again.  This is where you remind me to say no.

Right.  Time for tea and the day to start its crazy stuff.  Have a load of fun doing whatever you do.  Stay dry if you're in New Zealand.  It's the last day of the cycling holiday for the Nelson contingent.  Hope it isn't too nasty there.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment