Friday, April 13, 2018

The Thursday with Melissa and Sheryl

Hi,


IT made for a long day on Thursday with a concert at TSB Arena after work.  Started off with Spin, and then I managed to see Andrew for a quick iced latte before his early meeting. 

Iced latte with Andrew - apparently he framed it with a halo


I may have also thrown in a later iced latte with Celia.  And convinced her she needed to come and see Melissa and Sheryl at TSB too.  Which she did!  And she got better tickets than us!  Hahahah.


More iced latte on purple shirt Thursday

Iced latte with Megan

Oh - and on Tuesday I also caught up with Megan from my old workplace.  Hadn't seen her since 2011 and she is now a mother to Felix (5) and still at the same work - but doing different roles.

Melissa

Anyway, Celia and I met Mike at The Green man (and Janine) and had tea there.  Pretty yummy.  The Snickers profiterole was decadent. 

The concert was so good.  Sheryl started bang on 7.30pm.  She played until 9ish.  I probably knew every second song.  I really enjoyed her session.  She chatted away to us.  Sounded good.  Pointed out the young women today don't play the guitar - they just dance.

Manic Mike - and me and Janine

Melissa was her rocking self.  Came on for Sheryl's second last song (some Allman song) and then after a quick stage change, she came out and before I knew it, it was closer to 11pm than I anticipated.

Sheryl



All in all?  A fantastic concert with two women that entertain well.  I may need to add more Melissa and Sheryl to my current playlists.

The weekend beckons.  Mike just texted me - he has a migraine.  Oh no!  We're off to Ruapehu this weekend - but the intention is to do a fair bit of reading.  The weather forecast looks a bit hit and miss.  Togs for hot pools, I reckon.

Have a wonderful weekend.  The next one I will be in Aus with Toby.

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment