Monday, April 9, 2018

The weekend with Wairarapa fun

Hi,

Iced coffee blog alert!

Iced latte with Arthur @ Machete

 Arthur needed some caffeine early on Friday so we popped into Machete to introduce him to their caffeine goodness.


Mmmmmm - good as usual @ Machete


Ok - another one.  Apparently that was my limit for the day, said the Machete folk

I may have consumed an iced latte or two on Friday.  So much so that the staff told me after my second one that I had reached my limit.  Oops.  The second one was in the afternoon with Victor and Arthur.  I look considerably more perky in the afternoon pic. 


New day, different iced coffee.  Village Cafe in Martinborough

 Anyway, Arthur and I got up early Saturday morning and finished packing the car (collected my bike from work on the way) and were having brekkie at the Village Cafe in Martinborough by 8.30am.

ANZAC day looms

Once Celia and James arrived and also got caffeinated up, we went down to the Pinnacles and enjoyed the ridge walk up to the lookout (through a lot of wasps enjoying the honeydew on the manuka) and then down into the streambed for a different perspective.


Celia and James at the Pinnacles

James fooling around

Arthur looking staunch

Something about the shape of these made me curious as to just how big they were


It was quite an amazing place - with fossils in the ancient rocks and weird shapes the pinnacles have due to the erosion.  We ate a bit of lunch before heading further along the coast to Cape Palliser.

Cape Palliser and the 252 steps

Stunning views from there.  I need to take Mike back.

Don't get between the sea and the seals, James!

Saturday night saw us eat at Cafe Medici - and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals.  I got an affogato to try and keep me awake through the astronomy session.  The house at Ellstone B&B was superb.  And the night sky was perfect.  Saw 47Tuc, Jupiter and the coal sack so well.  Got to bed around midnight.  Fun!  Celia took pics too. 

Next morning we checked out and headed to Stonehenge Aotearoa.  Enjoyed that a lot.  Back to Martinborough for a gin tasting (I loved the bottle - shame we don't drink gin) and then Poppies for lunch.

Stonehenge Aotearoa


Poppies had an awesome platter - and wine to taste.  Another place I need to take Mike.  In fact, I just need a repeat, with Mike!

Iced coffee at the cafe on the corner in Martinborough.


Had an iced coffee to say goodbye to Martinborough, and Celia and James.  Arthur and I stopped in at Rivendell at Kaitoke. 

Elven arch @ Rivendell

Me, Arthur and Celia (who jumps like nobody's business!  Wow!

And home.  Well, not really.  Our missing bag turned up in Wellington so I went around to see Col and thank her for the delivery.  And say hello over a cup of tea to everyone at Marion and Malcolm's place.  The Bichan house all emptied and ready for selling.  And what's more, sounds like Iona and Col's place is also about to change hands.  Ooooohhh.

Awesome weekend.  Thanks to Celia and James for their awesome company.  It was great fun showing Arthur a bit of Wellington.

I see Toby is off sick today.  Poor kid.  I wonder what is wrong.  I better buy something yummy for his tea.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment