Wednesday, April 18, 2018

The Tuesday with burger night

Hi,

I can't believe Jase's visit is almost over.  It's been fun having him here again.  Yesterday Toby and Jase went to see Pacific Rim - Uprising.  The sequel fell into the trap of thinking it needed a plot and some acting.  Apparently.  Now Mike is in negotiation with Toby to see it together at a later date.  Hahahah.  Toby says no.  Mike might be in trouble,  Mike-no-mates might need to go see it.

Anyway, Toby went to the gym after the movie (I met Mike on the street on Lambton Quay and we exchanged keys with the gym fob for a Gilbert logistics plan - one that didn't actually involve the ferry at all!) and then him and Jase came back to my work.

During the day I caught up with a colleague from my old work - Cate! She is an iced coffee connoisseur too but prefers the ice cream and cream versions.  However, she may have converted me to her idea.  She brings her own metal straws.  Oh yeah!  Moore Wilsons - I am coming to find my straws.

Little Peckish iced coffee with Cate

Scoring the concrete has started

Looks good

After the movie and gym, we all went to Fork and Brewer for drinks and a snack before burger night at Burger Liquor.  Caught up with Jo, Momo and Jon.  Jon got there early too - but Mike told me it was Jonathan.  I had never met Jonathan.  And Mike confused me further by saying he was Jo's flatmate.  I knew I had never met a Jonathan flatmate.

When Mike got there, and we sat together and chatted, waiting for the others, Jo came in.  And went straight to Jon.  And Mike said:  Oh, Jonathan is here already.  And I went:  Oh, Jon!

I don't know why Jonathan and Jon wasn't more obvious that he was one and the same.  I think my brains might be slowly dribbling out my ears.

Toby decided to bus home at that point, having filled up on popcorn at the movie.  Sigh.

Anyway, we went to Burger Liquor and I tried a vegan burger.  Jackfruit - pulled - like pulled pork, but not.  What did I think?  The chips were good.

:-p

Home and we dropped Doro off first and then went to bed.  Jase heads home late tonight and I really must start packing for our week away.

Jase and I stand in a dirty patch of snow
Here's a pic from the weekend.  Mike wanted a picture of some snow for Doro.  This was the best bit.  Ok - a long way to go before ski season starts.

Have an awesome day.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment