Wednesday, February 16, 2022

The Tuesday with stuff and things

Hi,

Happy birthday to John for today.  A day tinged with sadness for him.  Huge virtual hug headed his way.

Wednesday.  Phew!  Birthday eve for me.  

Let's see?  What did Tuesday involve for us?  Day working at home.  I don't recall going anywhere and I stayed home according to my covid app.


Trophies scattered through the house

The pic above of a captured cicada reminds me of Monday afternoon when Smudge captured a moth on the deck and proudly brought it into the house.  Moxley knew she had something and ran over to check it out.  And Smudge totally dropped it for Moxley to play with.  Like she was giving a toy or a mouse to a wee kitten to teach them.

Mike and I both watched this and were amazed at this behaviour.  We thought our two cats were completely antagonistic towards each other.  This (and a few other observations) suggest it is not entirely dysfunctional between them.


Mike did get stuck into the garden after tea though.  Took out three huge black bags of agapanthus.  It looks so much better now.


Dealing to the pest plants

Okay - this is hard

In bed and we struggled to get the word of the day in Wordle.  Turns out it was an ancient Greek word that we seriously do not use in everyday English.  And Mike thinks he is out of sync with the latest version that has migrated to the NYT.


And today's (Wed) one.  So far, scraping in on my last guess

I have tried Worldle.  A geography version of the game.  Tried it twice and managed to get the right country on my last guess.  It is a bit hard.  At least with Guyana I knew it was one of those 3 countries at the top of South America and just had to guess them.  With the African countries, I had no real clue what countries bordered Sierre Leone.  So even guessing that fairly early on didn't really help me.  And once my brain had realised Libya and Liberia were not the same thing - I tried Liberia as I knew it was somewhere there.  And - surprise!

I do not think my luck will hold out.


Up Wednesday for brekkie with James, Celia and Ed.  And today Mike came along.  La Cloche was our place of choice as we all drove in anyway.  Working from home is a thing.


Waiting for the Bacon Butties bunch

Have iced latte - and croissants.

Good to catch up with everyone and hear what has been happening.  

It's my birthday tomorrow.  :-)  Have I mentioned that yet?  Hahahah.  Love birthdays.  Love mine more.

Have a great day.

Love,

Angela
 

No comments:

Post a Comment