Wednesday, February 2, 2022

The Tuesday with a walk with Ange after work

 Hi,

Turns out I forgot to blog yesterday.  Such is life when you are working from home.  The excitement of Wednesday, however, as I sit at my desk and get ready for my day, is that today (Wednesday) is the day we get solar installed. 

They are here now and starting.  Best get this blog published before they turn off our electricity and I am cut off from the world.

Monday morning iced latte

Monday saw kaka visit us in the evening.  Just after we'd had tea out on the deck.  The cats are hilarious when kaka visit.  They think they can take them on in a flash of bravado as the kaka swoop by.  But if a kaka actually lands, the cats freeze and stare. There is no attempt to stalk.  Like the cats just know this bird has their number.

Kaka visit us

We got some bottles from the neighbours to try an experiment with self watering plants when we go away for a weekend.  I saw Barb had done it when I visited her place last week.

I can say after 1.5 days of this in quite warm Wellington weather that it works a treat.  I will source more for the vegetables so I can get this ready if we go away again.

Self watering experiment for our new Chilli bush

Tuesday morning iced latte

Tuesday after work, Ange came around and we headed down to Otari-Wilton bush.  Walked 4 km up the valley path to just under Ian Galloway park and back.  Lovely evening.  Quite a few sweaty runners and other walkers.  I think I should have worn my mask, now I think about it.

Omicron is all over the place.  Numbers are growing.  The govt has plans.  We have our plans.  Let's see what happens.

Slow start to my Wednesday as I woke with a migraine in progress.  Boo.  I just stayed in bed with my eyes shut.  By the time I got up, it was gone, visually.  But no head banging for me today.

Take care of yourselves.  

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment