Monday, February 14, 2022

The weekend with wet weather from cyclone Dovi

 Hi,

What a great idea to nip out to a cafe on Friday for lunch.  Mike and I met up with a friend of Mike's from a previous workplace at Maranui.  It is still one of my fave cafes to visit.  Thank you for the pep talk, Phil!

Lunch at Maranui on Friday to meet up with Phil


The weekend was so wet.  Cyclone Dovi has veered this way and dragged down warm, wet air and dumped it all over New Zealand.  Wellington has surface flooding and slips all over the place.  So - be careful out there.

We were up Saturday for the first boot camp for ages.  Quentin was there - I think it is the first time I have seen him face to face since his surgery on his shoulder.  Great fun (although Sunday and today have me experiencing tight hamstrings from the exercises we did!).

Grabbed lunch stuff from Thorndon New World as we drove by afterwards.

Then off to Mitre10 Mega after that to get Expol.  Dropped off 5 slabs of it at Polly's unit.  Three fit perfectly in the trailer and 2 in the boot of the Subaru.

Popped in for lunch with Sally and Andrew.  Caught up on their news.  Headed home and chilled out.

I made banana loaf

I made banana loaf on Saturday afternoon.  Tessa sent me the recipe she uses and this must be about the 4th time I tried it.  Still trying to get it nailed!  But it was pretty yummy.



Smudge using me for warmth

Moxley under the covers with me

Sunday saw the rain really set in.  I made home made granola (okay - next time a little less honey as it was a tad sweeter than I would like) and we tried it out.  Also went to Mitre10 Crofton Downs to get a new screw and nut for the toilet seats.  Mike got a woman in the shop that knew all about it (what a niche specialty!) and now he has been fully trained in how it works.  As he fitted it at home, he passed on his knowledge to me.

We are now fully trained on maintenance on our toilet seats.

:-o


I try my home made granola

Another day, another smooch from Smudge

Up on Monday morning to some clearer weather.  I can actually see the other side of the valley today.  And the hilltops.

Busy day with meetings today.  We also need to go grocery shopping as we are running out of stuff.  Have a great week ahead.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment