Monday, July 25, 2022

The weekend at home

 Hi,

We had a really quiet weekend at home.  And in fact, we did less than usual - which was kinda nice.  Friday saw me take back our Animates online order to the shop. My label on the outside - someone in Waikato's order on the inside.  A lot of cockatiel seed in that order.  No kitty litter or the right cat kibble.  So I drove to our close Animates here in town.

After checking with them, they said to bring in the order.  SO I hefted the parcels out of the car and into the shop.  They jumped on the phone to sort it out.  I asked if I should pick up my order from their shelves.  To help.  They said yes.  I went to heft even heavier things into a shopping trolley.  

But as I wandered around, almost done, the staff came over to me.  Said they were told it would be much easier to do this at Lower Hutt.  They could just swap it over.

Frankly, I know how bad the POS system is at this place.  So I do not doubt for a minute it would have been painful for the staff.

But, as I drove out in the rain and poor conditions, I got quite cross.  Given the almost 30km round trip and time it took for me, I reckon I added about $15 in petrol.  But the staff at Lower Hutt were great.  Mollified me somewhat.  And I bought more kibble (because, seriously, I know swapping the smaller bag the online shop only offered for the bigger bag available in the shop would have been too hard for their POS system).

Anyway.  I am now contemplating using the vet (the only other place that stocks the kitty litter our cats use) instead of wrangling with the POS system at Animates.  More trips as they only stock smaller bags.  But - I could walk to the vet!

Sigh.  Anyway.  Got home after skirting the slip that has closed the main road into Wadestown.  


Moxley on Mike's lap on Friday

We finish taste testing the oat milk chocolate

Rainbow over the Z station

After Mike finished work, we walked down to Lennel Road to see the slip that has closed the main road into Wadestown.  It tried to rain on us, but we stayed fairly dry.  Did 5km in the end and explored roads we haven't been on before.


Friday evening walk to see the slip in Lennel Road

On the walk bridge across Lennel Road

The slip is huge.  Looks like a big bank of dirt has come down.  We saw a huge dump truck get filled easily.  Mike said Stuff said it might be blocked until Tuesday.

Digger on the slip

The house above the slip must be very worried.  Not a lot of ground remains between the side of their house and a precipice.

Lots of dirt!  And a house that must have nervous occupants

The hole

Saturday saw us up to fix a wee hole in the weatherboards outside our new window. I needed Mike's help in the end as I could not figure out the drill bits that let me cut out a weatherboard plug the right size.

The tools

The fix

But we got it done - and it fitted perfectly with some No More Nails.  And a quick run to Mitre10 to buy the gun that lets you pump out the glue.  Hahahah.

Moxley draped over me

Sally and Andrew popped over for tea and we had home made burgers with some venison mince.  We also watched a movie:  The Gray Man.  It was okay.  Better than some we have watched on Netflix lately.

Cute window cat

Sunday was another lazy day.  In the evening Andrew came to visit and then Sarah, Hamish and Ryan came over for burgers.  Andrew stayed (he managed to keep his eyes open - just!) as well.  Good catch up with them all.

Then off to bed.  Today (Monday) sees me at home working and Mike in town working.  Might drive in for spin after work.  Tomorrow is Spacey Jane concert.  That is going to be funny as I reckon Mike and I will be by far the oldest people there.

Have a wonderful day.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment