Monday, July 4, 2022

The weekend with loads of nature

 Hi,

What a great weekend.  Friday I got the putty done on all the windows.  Yay!  The work has started.  Got a lot of sanding, re-putty and painting to do.

Thursday work iced latte

Thursday sunset

I tried to buy more iced latte for our fridge - but the supermarket was out.  I do note they have tonnes of all the other flavours.  I need a campaign.  Stock more iced coffee!

OMG - no iced latte at the supermarket

Mike was horrified at my putty plastering efforts

I did get some putty onto the windows. That was good.  Mike worked from home so I did work around him at one point.

But I did putty the windows

But after work we packed up and headed into the Orongaronga valley along the Five Mile track to the river - in from Catchpool.  We were driving fast to get there before 6pm when the gates closed.  And we drove through with 8 minutes to spare. This was my first time walking a decent distance with head torches.  It was great!  I know this track so well - but it gave it a completely different feel.  And my perception of distance changed a lot.

Sunset on Friday night as we walk into the hut

Head torch tramping

Stunning night scenes

I always think of Toby here

By night it feels so different

Also think of Toby here too - I call this Toby Tree

Stars were so clear - here is the southern cross for your viewing pleasure

I took a pic in the river valley of the clear skies and was surprised to se the Southern Cross in all its glory come out clearly in my photo.

This was all in aid of Tom's 40th.  Elly and Tom had secured the DoC lodge at Raukawa Hut for Friday night.  And it was great fun.  We got there around 7.30pm and dinner had already been eaten - but there were tonnes of leftovers.  So Mike and I tucked in.  All vegetarian - how cool is that?  Two people got in around 10pm - but I was asleep by then.  And there were 4 dogs all up!  Hank, Zoe, Katla and Toffee.

Up the next morning for some brekkie and then away by 9am. Stunning morning. Out nice and early.  Dropped Ravi off at home in J'ville and then back home to tidy and relax.

Saturday morning was stunning

The walk out

Last look back at the river flats

The walk out

Andrew and Sally popped around for Andrew's birthday.  We ate venison sausages and mash.  And sausages in white bread.  Hahahah.

Up early Sunday for our first time on the trapline on our own. Another lovely day too.  How lucky.  

Sunrise Sunday

Rat!

Hapless selfie

Andrew and me kitted out

More rats

Even more rats

Selfie in the stream

Okay - rats!

Picked up a graze

We got 6 rats all up - 4 on our line (one under a A24) and 2 in traps as we walked up.  It was Andrew's first time with us.  The track was greasy in places.  I did fall down a wee bank when it gave out under my feet.  The rain has made everything a bit soft.  I have some good grazes now.  And one on the side of my left thigh.

Back home and cooked a Buddha bowl.  Mike is tuckered out though.  He was asleep early.

Crescent moon

Monday morning home iced latte

Sunrise as I leave the house

Sun peeping over the harbour at work

Work iced latte

Up for work Monday morning.  Another great day in the capital.  

Have a great week ahead.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment