Friday, December 16, 2022

The Thursday with a busy work day

 Hi,

Busy day at work - but had a team lunch which broke up the day beautifully. I grabbed an iced latte at work early on and saw that France had a handy lead in the final few minutes of the men's football world cup semi final with Morocco. 

Work iced latte with France beating Morocco in the background

Helen took us to lunch in her new Tesla

At lunch I ran out the door to find Helen waiting for me and Erin to take us to lunch in her brand new Tesla. My first time in one. It is very nice.

Beach Babylon team lunch

We had a lovely lunch at Beach Babylon - slight drizzle kept people away from the beach, despite the warm weather. I got presents from Helen and Erin too.  Awwww. 

Back to work and busy until my last meeting. And then Mike and I ducked away to catch a bus home. Cooked tea (okay - made tea - we had salad) and then into bed. Slept well.

Up for an early bus to town to meet Andrew at Machete for brekkie ahead of his 8am meeting. But the bus was cancelled. Mike and I had to wait for the 7am. And that meant Mike couldn't come with us and that I was late. But Andrew had food and iced latte ordered for me.

Negative RAT

I had to do a RAT for work - it is our Christmas work party after work today. Negative! Woot! 

Later bus ride in

Machete!

We'll see Sally and Andrew tomorrow at lunch time for the Imax Avatar experience at Lower Hutt. I am looking forward to seeing that.

And in the best news ever, Karen said she got confirmation she got that new job she went for this week. I am so proud of her. First job interview for 25 years. And she obviously nailed it.

What a great way to start the NY for her.

Have a lovely weekend. Warm weather here.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment