Wednesday, December 14, 2022

The Tuesday with my first ride on my new bike

 Hi,

Yesterday was a day that only Wellington can turn on. I do not understand it - but a 24C day in Wellington is just magic.

Work iced latte with harbour backdrop - ta William!

Work was frantic but I did get out with Mike at lunchtime to see the Black Ferns address their adoring public at Parliament at lunchtime. We had stunning weather - hot! We heard from Ruahei, Stacey and Ruby. The PM also talked to us and got warm support from the crowd.

We did have to negotiate our way past some protestors outside the front gate. Still on about the vaccine. telling us we're all sheep. But seriously - there is covid everywhere! Get your head out of the cloud you have stuck it in! Get your vaccine now if you can. Dorks.

Black ferns reception at Parliament

We join the crowd in brilliant sunny weather



PM talked to us!

After a more frantic afternoon, Mike headed home on a crowded hot bus and I walked up the hill with Barb. We chose the trail up Te Ahumairangi because it would be cooler under the trees. And it was.  It was so lovely.
Hot, lovely walk home with Barb

Almost at the top

The top!

Barb went left off the trail as we headed down the other side to Glamorgan St (I think). I continued our usual covid walking route - but backwards - to our house.

Local house decked out for Christmas

BBQ dinner ready for me

When I got home Mike had a BBQ dinner all ready to go! I had cheesy vegetarian sausages and they were pretty good.

Mike also got my SPD pedals on my new bike and we tried it out. Oh - it is amazing. The hill was like nothing at all, I cannot wait to get used to it and ride it everywhere.

Warm night and up for work this morning. Surprised to get rain. Now it is hot and humid. Oh, lovely.

Have a great day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment