Monday, December 12, 2022

The weekend with the grand final

 Hi,


Happy birthday to Toby. He's 20 years old today. Wow. He's such a great young man and I can still remember cradling up in my arms after Mike passed him to me all those years ago. Love you, Toby!

Friday saw me chilling with Moxley on the couch for a bit of it. The rain came down - vertically! At 5.30pm I headed out to meet everyone at Bin44 for tea. Sally and Mike were already there. John and Bev up from Chc joined us and we enjoyed dinner together.

Moxley stretches out

One of the cats has been bad!

Saturday I made kiwi crisps - a blast from my past. Mum used to make these when we were wee. I must have nailed it as there are none left as I type on Monday.


Kiwi crisps

Our weekend was all about the AFL womens grand final. Huge day for me and it was on Saturday due to scheduling constraints.  3pm. 1.30pm we picked up Lauren from Karori and Caitlin from the train station and got out to Hutt park just after 2pm. 

A decent warm up and then the coach talked us through the team strategy and we were into the game at 3pm. Quentin, Courtney and Erin (and her daughter) joined Mike on the sidelines to support us. Andrew turned up late in the game to catch the end. And Eugen (from my old workplace) stepped up into the breach and handled a lot of the AFL grand final photography. I hope he enjoyed it - I know he has done a lot of landscape work in the past. A sports event is quite different. But here's hoping he enjoyed it and he learned a lot from doing it. Thank you, Eugen. And thank you to everyone that turned up to cheer us on.

Ready to go with Caitlin!

Bit of a rout but totally loved every minute of it

Caitlin is a winner!

Caitlin was transferred to Southern Swell and turned out to be a winner on her debut. Congrats to Swell - it was a great win and they deserved it. I loved every minute of the game. I had two kicks at goal. Missed a sitter right in front and got a behind. And fouled a banana kick on quarter time from a free kick (now I know that rule!).

We got a goal courtesy of Kate right on fulltime. The momentum was swinging back our way - but totally ran out of time. Next season is our season!

Dropped people off after a chat and some pizza after the game at the ground itself (ta Sam!) and then into cooking tea for Quentin and Courtney. They popped around to our place at 7.15pm and we enjoyed dinner with them.

Chicken schnitzels for tea with Quentin and Courtney

Hopefully the cats didn't give Quentin's allergies too much grief. I did get a lot of deep cleaning done on Saturday morning to try and give him a fighting chance. And we kept the cats downstairs during his visit.

Next day was lazier for us. I assembled the new eBike I got for Christmas. But the handlebar stem isn't quite right. Need to sort that out before I can try it out. It looks so good. I want some SPD pedals too.

Enjoying the sunshine

Bike is almost ready

Bruises coming up nicely

Chillies planted out

Got the chillies planted out. I need to keep them watered as they sit in the sun through the summer.

Busy week at work - and totally got my mind on Toby today as he celebrates turning 20.

Have a great week.

Love,

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment