Monday, December 5, 2022

The weekend with so much on

 Hi,

What a huge weekend - got so much done. And it was Tyler's birthday yesterday. She turned 19.  Awwww. Abby was also trialling out for netball teams yesterday so I hope she played well and got selected.

Let's see - what did we get up to this weekend so I can tell you it all?  Friday saw me catch up with Andrew at Machete like old times. And then I did some shopping for Christmas and posted away presents to Karen's place for Ma and Da. Turns out I had missed the cut off date but I am hopeful. :-o

Friday iced latte at Machete

Like old times

Tui in the harakeke

I had sprayed mould killer on a bench on the deck last weekend, so I brushed it off, sanded it and stained it. It came out well.  So I got stuck into the other bench and the table too.

Start my project off

One done

Our strawberry plants finally produced their first fruit. It was delicious. Tiny in size, mighty in taste.

First strawberry of the season

Mike decided to check our traps after ages of neglect. And he found a long dead mouse in one of our traps and a fresh wee rat in another. I have lost track of the number now. I checked our other posts. This is 14 and 15. Yay!

They are all now reset, rebaited with peanut butter and ready for more guests. 

Moxley checks out the mouse in our trap #14

Rat in the other one #15

Mike had Moxley out on her leash out the front and he and I were looking out over the back garden when leash-less Moxley came trotting along. So Mike ducked down to get her, she happily played with him and let herself be picked up. He cuddled her for a bit on the downstairs deck. They looked so cute.

Moxley gets cuddles

Park run Saturday. Andrew came, as well as Janine. And James also made it. And other James. Hahahah. Celia came to watch the end with Bob. It was quite the social event. Celia also joined me, Mike and Andrew for brekkie after it.


Post Park Run brekkie

I got my haircut at 4pm at Buoy. Good job, ta Jolene.

My haircut

Saturday evening saw me at home while Mike went to a potluck tea for his Nepal buddies. And I found puked up Fancy Feast just as Mike left. So I was cleaning that up - opened the front door with pukey mess in my hands to chuck in the rubbish and Moxley raced out of the door, after a tui in the harakeke she sighted. 

The tui flew off but Moxley was not interested in coming back inside. She shot away from me whenever I approached her.  So I left her out there for a while. But every time I went out to get her - she ran off. Under the house. Off to the neighbour's garden. 

Cheeky monkey. Eventually I got Fancy Feast out. Lucky she had puked and was hungry.

Moxley hiding from me after racing outside

Kale chips, bro

Lazy Sunday morning

Up on Sunday to make brekkie, then off to AFL. Mike came too. Had a good game. Played for the first half. We were light on numbers but got 6 a side with 1 sub. Lots of running. Then I umpired the second half with Frank! It was great fun.

Pic of me playing AFL

Dropped Lauren back home, collected our saw and went Christmas tree hunting at Te Ahumairangi. Found the perfect tree.

Christmas tree hunting

Got The One!


Tree all sorted

Finished my furniture off Sunday afternoon. Looks way better now and ready for the summer. Might do one more coat this week on the tops.

And finished the project

All ready for summer

Slight miscalculation for family tea

Went out to family tea - and got the wrong memo. Went to 40WLW and discovered that everyone was at Tawa.  Hahah. Lucky we were early so it meant we were not too late with the change in venue.

Anthony was in town, midway through his Te Araroa walk. He's almost done the North Island. Whanganui River to go here (the river was too high before). Then he's off down south. He had two mates - Sam from Aus and Ludi from Sweden - with him. Great fun to talk to them all. Helen is well - she was busy with getting dinner sorted along with Andrew and Sally.

Then home and I was so tired I fell into bed.

Working week has started. And today is our wedding anniversary. And handily our anniversary for being together also. Given I can barely remember one date - I am glad it is the same date for both. 30 years today we have been together. Wow!

Yeah - I forgot. Karen texted me yesterday and said:  Ange - it is your anniversary tomorrow.

And I texted back:  OMG, is it?

And told Mike.  And he laughed. He had booked a restaurant for tonight already.

Woot!

Glad I married him.

Have a wonderful week.

Love,

Angela


1 comment:

  1. Does your hairdresser have flaming locks of auburn hair, and ivory skin and emerald green eyes?

    ReplyDelete