Thursday, December 22, 2022

The Wednesday with a spontaneous shopping spree with Toby after work

 Hi,

Okay.  What a day. And when I say that, I am actually referring to my intake of caffeine through my Wednesday. I had the one you know about at 8am. That was in yesterday's post.

But I merely went about topping up the caffeine for the rest of the day.  Callan and I met up with Chris at Mojo and I had another one there. Chris is good - his family are all back home and he is loving it. Emma is also well. So good to see him.

Callan and I get an iced latte - and say hi to Chris

Cuckoo do a good one

Then some of our squad went to Cuckoo for a spontaneous coffee. And when I asked Ben to take a pic of me and one of the best iced lattes around, he actually did Mike's trick and took selfies. Hilarious.

OMG - Ben is just like Mike - taking selfies when it's all about the iced latte

I work with a good bunch

Me and Matt

It was a good chat about Christmas break plans and the calorie count in a white coffee.  Hahah.  Great fun.

And at 2pm I had a V date with Jill and James at work. Yep - topped up the 3 iced lattes with a can of V. Or, rather, half a bottle. Not good for later that night.

Early Christmas

Got home and had tea with Mike. Then Toby got home and we fed him. Then off to shop for a stocking for Tessa and a few wee things to fill it.

Sore eye

Stocking filler presents

Tessa's slightly odd Christmas stocking

Stockings were few and far between. So Toby sewed up the legs of a baby fawn outfit and intends to stuff that full of presents. We're unsure of the effect of this. I await Christmas Day pics with mixed feelings on how this will pan out.

The caffeine levels kicked in and I lay in bed, desperately seeking sleep until midnight.  That never happens to me. I am sticking to one a day for a bit now.

Right.  At work.  Late PT session (8.30am) and matched my deadlift PB from last year.  80kg. My hands were too slippery for an attempt at 85.  Got it off the ground - but I needed chalk. 2023 I want to bust that PB.

And then at work. Last day for the year.

I hope you have a great Christmas and New Years.  See as many of you as I can early in the New Year, eh?

Take care.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment