Wednesday, December 7, 2022

The Tuesday with my last AFL training and a presentation by Mike

 Hi,

Lovely weather for Tuesday - I was working from home and pretty busy. I did find rat #16 dead in the trap that sits under our deck, in the garden out the back. Mike reckons there might be an entire family of rats we can get if we're diligent.

Does this count as an iced latte pic?

In her crate - again!



Rat #16

I drove into work at lunch time and sat outside waiting for Anne - she is down from Auckland and I rarely get a chance to chat face to face to her. As I waited, Mike came by. He was out in a short window to grab some lunch for himself. I saw his face light up when he saw me parked there - so he came over and we chatted for a short while. I was so happy to see him.

La Cloche iced latte

Then Anne and I drove out to Kaiwharawhara and enjoyed a lunch at La Cloche.  Anne bought it for me! Awwwww. Lovely to chat to her. She's had a good few days down here in Wellington.

Hey there Anne - thanks for lunch

Then home again to finish work for the afternoon. And at 5.40 I headed to the park for the last night of AFL training. Lovely evening - we could have had a picnic, it was that pleasant. Skills all honed now for the Grand Final this Saturday.  3pm, Hutt Park.

Last AFL training for the season

Mike at his presentation last night - ta Stacey

Meanwhile, Mike was the The George with Stacey as support, telling the tramping club all about the two Great Walks we did. Stacey said Mike nailed it. By the time I was finished training and collected Mike, Stacey had gone. But she said such nice things in our group chat about the presentation. Awwww. Thank you for being there, Stacey. I wish I could have been there too.

Mike was fizzing - so it did go well, I reckon. I had Gabby from AFL with me as she lives in Waterloo. So we also collected Andrew from the end of his drinks and we all headed to the Hutt. Dropped off Andrew then Gabby and Mike and I headed back to town - and home - via New World.

Into bed (after putting away the groceries) and a deep sleep. I walked in this morning - trying to keep up my walking ahead of Kepler in the NY. Mike was at the gym with Quentin. In the 20m I was in the underground walkway at the train station, I bumped into Andrew who usually never goes that way. Funny. Such a coincidence. Good to see him for 30 secs before he rushed off to his thing at the Beehive.

And... I came to work without a warm top layer. I have my t-shirt I walked into work on. And my rain jacket. And nothing in-between. If I get cold at work (and I will - the aircon is fierce) I will be the one wearing my jacket. Hahahah.

Right. Have a fantastic day.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment