Wednesday, September 13, 2023

The Tuesday that felt like Wednesday

 Hi,

I got to Extra Extra with Mike for lunch yesterday. But you know, it is not a fave place. Iced latte was too strong and mushroom burrito was a bit average. So, despite Mike loving it, I am not placing it high up my list.

Lunch iced latte with Mike at Extra Extra

Got to the optometrist for my 4pm appt and chatted to Andrew, a lot. Took close to an hour. He checked my vision and apparently my long distance vision has improved. Hahah. And my close up has hardly changed (a quarter of some value). So no need for any changes. 3 more years before I need to go chat to him.

I was a bit late for our meeting in the car park with Mike and Andrew. But traffic flowed okay - if slowly - to the Hutt. Sally was there at Queensgate already and bought us dinner. So we gobbled that down (I had a salad at Nandos) and headed to the IMAX for Stop Making Sense. The Talking Heads concert movie from 1987 or so. Remastered.

In Imax



It was good, tbh. And I didn't know what to expect. Thought I only knew one or two songs of theirs really well. Turns out I knew most of them. And David Byrne was a genius in his own, unique way. His concert was a truly theatrical experience. 

Dropped Sally and Andrew home and got home ourselves. Fed the cats. Went to bed. I didn't sleep super well. But up early to ride into town with fantastic weather.

Wednesday is a cracker of a day

Iced latte from Quentin

I lifted that!

I did get an iced latte from Quentin at my PT session with him this morning. Do you think if my PT asks me if I want an iced latte as he heads to the gym, that I actually have to admit to an addiction? Ooohhhh.

Anyway - it worked a treat. PB in squat rack. 55kg. 3 reps x 5 sets. I might have been grunting a bit on my last set because the guy in the rack next to me clapped when I racked the last one. Said well done.

Maybe my wobbly legs made it look tough? Hahah.

Then back to work. And some caffeinated fast talking from me has meant Erin has asked me to cut down on my morning intake of iced lattes. Hahahah.

Spin after work today. Then ride home and pack for the weekend. Me and Mike. Mike for his Peak to Pub race at Mt Hutt with Toby and Kara. Me to Blenheim with Maureen for some fun with Iona and Col.

Busy, eh?

Have a great day.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment