Thursday, September 14, 2023

The Wednesday that felt like a Thursday so Mike forgot his Wednesday task

Hi,

Ohhh - I have a guest blogger. Have a read of Mike's adventures!

Mike here to start the blog. My Wednesday started off okay with Angela off to the gym session I normally go to - because, well, I have been no-showing it a little too often recently. So I got to sleep in and play with Moxley who was being cuddly and demandingly cute. She was doing her thing where she pats at you with barely-unsheathed claws when you don't give her enough attention.

It was not going to remain so relaxed. It was time for a morning routine right out of when Toby and I would be late for school.

I was comfortably on the late-ish bus, settling into social media on my phone, when I REMEMBERED THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO DROP THE CAR AT THE MECHANIC TODAY. Gah! I was just going past the mechanic, about 3km from home. What to do? As the bus pulled up at a stop, I spied a rental scooter parked up and made a snap decision to use it to get home again. I hurtled off the bus, activated the scooter and off I set. I can do this!

All was going well for about the first km ... until the scooter ground to a halt with a flashing red 'battery empty' light. Oh. I was committed now, and still a long way to go. But, it was downhill soon! I gamely paddled away at the scooter until I reached the downhill bits. Turns out a scooter with a flat battery has quite a bit of rolling resistance and it still needed my help. But it was still quicker than walking and I got there in the end.

Jumped in the car and hurtled back to the mechanic. Then it was time to forage for a bus. No buses for thirteen minutes! But I knew I could walk down a short street to a more popular stop. Off I hobbled, I mean trotted (because there is nothing wrong with my Achilles, thanks, and my multisport race this weekend will be fine). Onto a 'foreign' bus which got me into town but on a strange unfamiliar route. I think I got off on a sub-optimal stop.

Angela had let me know the crushing, terrible news that the work coffee machine was broken so I had one more detour to a café which involved chatting to work colleagues who were similarly detoured. I made it half an hour late in the end which was pretty good given my unexpected bus/ scooter/ push/ drive/ walk/ bus/ walk/ coffee journey.


Hahahah!  His mornings are always way more exciting than mine.

Work was busy. We had a business unit wide meeting for 4 hours that they want to do every 6 months to ensure everyone is aligned to the latest safety and well-being initiatives. And I think it went really well. Well done to the leadership.

Went to 6pm Spin with Erin and Myra after work. I really want to get to Spin most evenings after work, when I am not busy with other things.

Spin with Myra

Spin with Erin

And... all of us!

Erin dropped me back at work and I jumped on my bike and rode home. Mike made tea for us. Buddha Bowls. But, with these plant-based chicken nuggets as the protein. Yeah, nah! I didn't like them. I had to smother them in Tuiomato sauce. Hahah. We might not buy the home brand ones next time.

Then at 8pm Mike remembered that he'd forgotten the car. Again. To pick it up this time. I hope the mechanic keeps it tucked up warm overnight.

Slept well. Up for gym. 25kg incline bench. 8 reps x 5 sets. Then accessories. It was very unusual compared to the normal flat bench.

Mike got me my iced latte stash from work. And he had his PT session after me. I drove home and got ready for my day.

Thursday morning Lewis Road iced latte at home

Maureen is coming to collect me at 1800 from home. Then our flight at 1930 to Blenheim for some active birthday fun with Iona and Col.

Mike has his huge weekend at Mt Hutt. Wow. I hope he enjoys himself and finishes strong. Toby and Kara will be around to help him out.

Have an awesome weekend wherever you are. Think of Mike at 10am on Saturday as he starts his race. Send him kia kaha vibes.


Smudge joins me as I work from home

Enjoying the sun

I got asked for more cat content. There you go! Smudge could be a cat model.


Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment