Monday, September 11, 2023

The weekend with Wellington things

 Hi,

My goodness, there is a lot to catch you all up on. Thursday was busy for me. I got away to catch up with Maureen (finally!) and only now realised I never saw her holiday pics. Gah! Enjoyed an iced latte at Margies with her.

Thursday work iced latte

Thursday iced latte at Margies with Maureen

Then a spontaneous text from Sally M saying she was at the Barbie exhibition for her lunch break at Wellington museum and did I want to meet her there sent me flying out of the workplace to meet her.

Except I walked quickly to Civic Square and stood on the bridge overlooking the Wellington gallery and thought: this is not the museum.

Realised Sally was basically outside my work. So walked back and found her there. We saw all the Barbie's this woman had collected. Even mine! See me pointing to Jane?

Spontaneous lunch time Barbie exhibition with Sally M

One of my heroes

I'd play with this Barbie.  :-)

And a friendly looking Barbie

We had drinks at work to connect and I did chat to someone for ages. Gave her a laugh about how Mike and I met. Turns out she lives in Wadestown too and is friends with our neighbours through the local school.

Rode home. Relaxed.

Up Friday to take photos of model cats. And then off to Dunshea's deli to meet Jo and Rex. It had been ages since I saw them last! I do not even know how long. Maybe after they got back from Africa same sort of time last year? I dunno. But so good to see them.

Smudge the model cat

So close!

Oh, hello my friends!

Then home via Countdown and off again to meet Andrew and go for an easy bike ride. We went up the river, across at Avalon and back down to Seashore cabaret for lunch.

A ride with Andrew on Friday

Lunch at Seashore Cabaret

Toby's fave at Seashore Cabaret

Saturday saw Mike off to do Park Run and me watching the opening All Blacks game of the men's rugby world cup in France. France smashed them. Let's see if the All Blacks can dig themselves out of this hole.

Mike got home and we cleared our traps. Rodents #23 and #24. A rat in the one by the office door and a mouse in the one at the back.

Rat catch #23

Moxley is interested, despite this pic

Mouse #24

Moxley in the garden sans leash

Smudge exploring too

Moxley and Smudge wandered around the garden while we did too. 

Sunday saw Mike get ready for his Peak to Pub race next weekend. Yay! Everything ready and packed. Woot!

I made chocolate chip biscuits - from the recipe Chelsea made last time we were all up in AKL. Mike pronounced them delicious.

I made chocolate chip biscuits

Mike fixed the hole in the eaves

He also fixed the hole in the eaves where birds nest in spring. I reckon he just got it in time.

Then we were off to Lower Hutt and Avalon Hall to a memorial service for Yosan. So sad. The place was packed. Yosan just had this spark about her and that was evident in the words and actions on show. Good to see some old friends - Ben gave an eulogy (we used to work with him too). Although I had not see Yosan for years (since leaving my last workplace), I feel so sad at the thought that the world is now missing her flame and special brand of energy and fun.

I think we need a happy reason to get a whole bunch of us together.

Back to Sally and Andrew's place and our somber mood meant we didn't want to go listen to the trapline audit, but just sit with Sally and Andrew and have some tea.

Back home and tidied up, ready for the week ahead.

Hope your week is good fun.

Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment