Friday, May 6, 2011

The Thursday with... nothing

Hi,

When I got down to the basement at work to ride home, I found my back tyre flat as a tack once more.  Mike popped down and pumped it up for me to as full as I have ever had my tyre pumped.  I got home with it although it was already softening by then. 

We had a nice dinner and I am sure I was asleep by 8:30pm.  Something just happened to my eyelids.  The boys were watching some movie or other but I didn't hear a thing.

This morning Mike said he would fix my tyre so I could ride in.  But the spare tubes were in the garage roof space and covered with leaked chain lube when he did find them.  The pump was in the pit somewhere and the bus was coming in two minutes.

Needless to say, I caught the bus.  I must have looked odd in the bus in my fluoro jacket surrounded by Wellingtonians wearing sombre blacks and browns.  Let alone the bike shorts.  Never mind.

I now have a job to do this weekend - fix my tyre.  There must be something stuck in the tyre itself chewing great big holes in my tube.

Swimming tomorrow for Toby.  Then off to Waikanae to see the majority of Tabors for lunch.  Mike will sort out better sleeping accommodation for us downstairs (instead of the lounge) and meet the carpet people to get a quote.  Then I am hoping he will come up to cook tea in Waikanae.  Heheheheh.

Sunday is the family lunch at our place and also Mother's Day.  Mike might have time to make me breakfast before he heads off to lead a day walk at Mt Holdsworth.

Happy Mother's Day to those mothers I know.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment